Power windows lighted switch kit for GEN2

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some background;

The power window switches in the Gen2 come from a minivan and already have a green LED in it for night illumination.
Dodge, because I believe the difference in color ( as you know instrument backlighting is amber/orange), decided no to wire the LED

I have done the mod years ago, changing the green LED to amber and wiring it, and it is certainly a nice, factory look, upgrade.
I always thought about doing a kit but the stumbling block was locating the female connector pins used by Dodge in order to make it an easy instal.
I have finally located the pins and therefore I'm going to start to build some kits.

I have 3 different kits in mind:

#1 Just the 4 pins with crimped wires to it and 4 posi-lock connectors for peoples that are cheap(LOL) and don't mind the green LED color. $25
#2 You send me your 2 switches and I send them back to you with amber LED + pins + posi-lock. $50
#3 New switches with amber LED + pins + posi-lock. $100

Obviously all the kits will come with full instruction with pictures and shipping will be included in the price.

Let see how much interest there is for such kits.

Luc. 00GTS

dyc1077

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you post pics of what the switches look like with the lights on?

OP
OP
L

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you post pics of what the switches look like with the lights on?
look at the top of your switch, you will see a clear window.
The LED is behind it.
if not good enough i can take some pictures but someone is going to have to school me on how to post them here.LOL

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've cut and spliced and relocated my window switches to the knee bolster since I've got some custom mods on my dash. I'm pretty familiar with the switches and wiring. How hard would it be for me to change out the LED for a white LED and get it to work?

I understand that's the point of your kit but I don't mind doing the work I just need some direction :)

I'd really prefer white since I've already changed out all my interior lights for white. Thanks!

OP
OP
L

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've cut and spliced and relocated my window switches to the knee bolster since I've got some custom mods on my dash. I'm pretty familiar with the switches and wiring. How hard would it be for me to change out the LED for a white LED and get it to work?I understand that's the point of your kit but I don't mind doing the work I just need some direction :)I'd really prefer white since I've already changed out all my interior lights for white. Thanks!
You need to find some 12v T1 LED and be pretty good with soldering and wiring. That say, without the right pins to put in the unused cavities of the connector, it become way more complicated. I could walk you through it you want. Just pm me

Rickman6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how is this going ? I'm interested in buying your kit #1... call me cheap but the winter s looong here ... and I need some thing to ******
with...
:)

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question. So will the led's be illuminated the whole time when your lights are on, or only when you operate the switches?
Thanks. Im very interested in this :)

OP
OP
L

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, got all the parts together and will start building kits next week.
The LED are connected to the instruments lighting and therefore light up exactly like any other switches or gauges, including the dimming function.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love this but the postage to you and back will make this an expensive deal :(

Im happy enough to strip down my switches, would you be willing to send instructions pins and Leds to overseas members to perform DIY work and keep the costs down?

If not I will have to check out how much the international postage costs would work out. As long as low dollar Items are marked as 'GIFT' on customs forms, there should be no additional charge.

OP
OP
L

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
photoviper_switch_2.JPG

Here is 1 picture

OP
OP
L

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
photoviperswitch_3.JPG

and another one with the flash on.

I'm going to start taking order in the next few days. So if you want a kit, better speak up now
Luc

Ginja

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1996/97 cars had a different rocker switch. You could probably get a 1998-2002 and retrofit them, but would take some re-wiring.

Ah, well that's that plan broken then - I have a 1997 with rocker switches.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950