Power windows

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody know what would cause my passenger side power window to not work? It was working fine and now it does not go down. I figured it would be a fuse but my other window works. When I press the button up I can hear it trying to go up but when I press it to go down...nothing. I was having problems with the window switch having to press it harder then normal. Maybe I need a new one.

OP
OP

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the switch is bad since it required me to press on it harder then my drivers side. Its a 97 GTS.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can take the switch apart to clean the contacts, use a lite touch with some sand paper. It will help, but eventually you will need a new switch, I have the same problem and only on the drivers side.

OP
OP

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the switch easy to pull out? I still have warranty so I can always take it in and have it changed. Just dont want to have it at a dealership for a week waiting on a switch...

thanks, guys

Todd Richmond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The plastic rail insert could have slipped out. They are poorly attached by staples and my passenger rail gave way last year. I had to epoxy it back in (don't use too much!) and everything seems fine now

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc