Prefix posts a video of the new TARGA top conversion

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The top looks great. The only thing I would like to see or at least see evidence of is a locking mechanism or strap to keep the roof in place while driving. As it appears now, if you were to be involved in a front end collision the top would come forward and hit you in the back of the head or possibly worse.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The top looks great. The only thing I would like to see or at least see evidence of is a locking mechanism or strap to keep the roof in place while driving. As it appears now, if you were to be involved in a front end collision the top would come forward and hit you in the back of the head or possibly worse.
great point, I thought the same thing as I was watching it

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad that there is an option for the gen v, but is just not for me the vent section looks out of place plus in no way it looks oem at all.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK so does anyone other than me think this is just, well a bit to corvette. I don't like it.:dunno:

Cameron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my GTC I am having the Targa top done. From what I understand it locks down just like the old c6 corvette did...

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea of a removable top BUT make it two piece, if possible (??) driver's side and passenger side, also make it tinted slightly smoked and it could be used on any color car for a lot cheaper PLUS with less weight easier for one person to remove and place on the top, also able to have a snap in rack in the trunk for storage....my $.02

Mark1107

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

strpar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you get the conversion done Cameron? I am seriously considering it. I have some issues with my neck and getting in and out of the coupe can be difficult to say the least.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper