Private Track Rental

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any groups here have experience with a private track rental and running their convertibles either Gen 3 or Gen 4?

Do all Tech rules and no faster than 13.49 still apply? Or is this track dependent?

Thanks all.

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The short answer is call the track, as each are different. Also, a search of this forum will yield a lot of helpful info.

Most tracks have different takes on the convertible thing. Most will let you on if you pass the broomstick test. This means a broomstick has to go from the top of the rollhoop to the top of the windshield without touching your helmet. You will need a seat lowering kit if you are over 5'10" or so. A roll bar is a good idea though since the stock units are not known for their strength.

I am not sure what the 13.49 thing means.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's referring to a drag strip, and a 13.49 is the quickest time allowed without a roll bar.

Most track rentals let you slide...

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a track rental here in MD a couple yrs ago and they didn't enforce any speed / ET rules. I ran many 11's in my vert without a rollbar.

Man, I wish we did another track rental ....

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, the MB/GTR/BMW guys do them pretty often...real often in the fall. I'll let you know next time once pops up. They're cool ass dudes who mod the crap out of those things!

OP
OP
S

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

I contacted the local track here, they are going to let me know next week if possible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456