Pro EFI install on TT Coupe

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to Chris Delgado for coming to get the car fired up and checked out before we drag it over to the dyno :smiley1:

Main goal in the swap was to gain reliability. The AEM was a pile of ****. Had already lost 3 units, and now they can't even be repaired anymore. But the Pro EFI will have other upgrades which will add alot to the car/management of power, etc. Traction control, boost control, safety, all should be great updates.

There is only 3 cars that I know of running this setup, I am one and the other two were Gen 2's so I was kind of on my own with this lol.

Original engine bay was so clean I hated to clutter it up but there wasn't much choice. The AEM was hidden inside the front fender , original coils were under the intake manifold, no wiring could be seen, but the proefi did not fit in the same location, it is two times bigger physically so it is what it is. Original:

You must be registered for see images

the POS that came out:

the original coil setup, waste spark ignition, not too great, but worked:

Here is the pile of Pro EFI related items that were installed, including LS2 coils for the coil on plug conversion:

Proefi Patch Harness:

After giving up on trying to fit all 10 LS2 coils under the intake, I settled on doing a LSX style setup.

I built some stand offs to hold the coil bracket above the valve covers, reluctantly covering the VIPER:

Coil brackets:

then there was the all new coil wiring harness that needed to be made, each coil requires four wires, yay:

This is how it looked about half way through:

and this is how the coil wiring harness was finished off:

both sides here:

I wasn't about to chop up my dash to mount this stuff, so in the arm rest it went:

and here is the completed engine bay:

Should have it completely tuned and results in a week or so, I'll post the numbers :)

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW....:omg:..

Looks Great!!!!!!. I have been waiting for this!!! Been following PRO EFI....

I too am tired of messing with these AEM pieces of.....junk. Luckily I have two spares and when they do their inevitable breakdown, this is the way I am going. Especially with PRO EFI's "flex fuel" feature and my conversion to to run E-85....

:eater::eater::eater:

OP
OP
T

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks guys!

Even though it has flex fuel capability, I don't plan on using it, E85 is good for a daily driver type of setup, but for a toy type of car, it has too many draw backs, so its 93 or C16 for this baby :D

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tiago, awesome job brother! Super clean and well thought out. Can't wait to see how this setup helps the overall setup.

Great job,

Andy

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to results Tiago, when I first saw the LS2 coil packs I thought NO! But it looks great.

OP
OP
T

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tiago, awesome job brother! Super clean and well thought out. Can't wait to see how this setup helps the overall setup.

Great job,

Andy

thanks!

Looking forward to results Tiago, when I first saw the LS2 coil packs I thought NO! But it looks great.

thanks Tim! I was apprehensive about it too... trust me, I tried like hell to hide them under the intake still, I spent entire day and built 3 different bracket setups trying to make it all work out, but it wasn't meant to be, and this way is just makes more sense, functionality wise.

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, that's a lot to fit in there, but it turned out super clean. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
T

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
small update, crazy **** but the power steering pump on the car self distructed and sprayed fluid all over, made a mess.

PITA to change out but after that we made some pulls on the dyno at 10 lbs of boost made 985 rwhp 1030 rwtq with the fuel pump maxxed out.

Turns out the wrong pump was put on the car previously somehow, so I am putting a weldon 2345 on it now, should be back on the dyno next weekend....

OP
OP
T

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
after I fixed the fuel pump, I had a problem with the coils being too weak. I put the coils that Jason at Pro Efi recommended, his H.O lightning coils, lol, and it works great now.

thats all it had in her. On C16. On pump it made 910.

When I refresh the motor I'll put some different turbos on it, right now these are going to be fun for the street.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:)910 hp ok for the street. Am i missing something hear lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456