Problem with slave cylinders

pattymelt3605

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I was replacing the clutch on my car somehow during reinstall the slave cylinder cracked and leaked fluid. I bought an aftermarket one from Autozone and when I tried to install it, slide it over the input shaft of the transmission it would not fit. The inside diameter was too small. So I sent it back and got one from LUK. When I tried to install same problem. It would slide over the splines but not the rest of the shaft. So I then honed out the cylinder to get it to fit. A few days of driving later the clutch went to the floor and the fluid was leaking again. I ordered a new OEM Mopar slave. Then pulled the transmission and the slave cylinder was stuck to the input shaft! It took alot of pyring, but it came off. It must have of contacted the shaft and melted on to it. After removing the old slave, I tried to install the new OEM Mopar, same problem. It would not slide down the shaft. I then thought maybe the car had a larger diameter aftermarket shaft. I used a micrometer and measured the shaft and it was 1.125" which is the OEM size. I measured the inside of the new OEM Mopar slave and it is 1.08". I dont want to hone out the new Mopar slave and have the same problem. What should I do?

Viper Wizzard can you measure any other Mopar slave cylinders and see if they have a larger diameter?