Pulled over by forest ranger.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was out about 5 today and sitting at a red light. A forest ranger pulled up on the right side and motioned to my wife to roll down the window. He yelled over at me and asked where my tags were. I told him to look in the windows as they were taped in, temporary tags. I told him I did not have the title back yet and I just got the car in from out of state. He seemed to be at a loss for words and them asked if it was a Viper. I said yes and he asked how fast I have had it. I told him they run over 200, but I had not done that and my wife told him it doesn't have any miles on it yet. He then asked what year it was. I told him and he kept saying, those vipers are awesome. The light finally changed and I left. He was ok, but I would have never told him how fast I had been any way since he was going to bust me for no tags at first.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If memory serves me right forest rangers have the same authority as a state hwy. patrol and can persue across state lines. Might want to check it out.

Mutts02GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alaska is like that, they have jurisdiction state wide. I have more respect for them than AST, a game warden or Forrest ranger knows when they go into a hunting camp EVERYONE is armed! When a cop stops someone the person in question MIGHT be armed.....

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of those "forest rangers" are state and federal police. Go ahead and not stop. One of our members here in Oregon is a federal officer and currently owns a GTS and a gen 4 coupe.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't sound like you were "pulled over" by a forest ranger. You must be an editor for a sensationalist news magazine.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt is a brown noser.:rolaugh:
Tuck, with these cars anything helps. Seriously though, I never really get hassled by them unless they just want to look at it. I know most of them anyway, matter of fact the elections are tomorrow & new sheriff will be elected (& my guy seems to be the Big favorite) ALWAYS Helps to have friends in High Places. Well, in Low Places too! jmo

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get a kick out of the license plates like TKT PLS. You are going to be obliged more times than not. Your sticker is actually not a bad idea.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Forrest Ranger was just branching out a bit. You are lucky that he did not want to look at your trunk. It's good that he roots for Vipers.

Adam2003

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This summer I was driving to ocean city MD. officer passed me, I let him get about 150 yards out and just paced him. Going 70ish in a 55. About 10-15 min into following him, he abruptly slams on hid breaks, so I let off the gas. He jumps into the other lane, pulls up beside me and yells 72 out the window. I say ok..... I was just following you. "dont pace me!" Keep it under 70..... Sure thing, and off he goes. All of this happen at 55mph! Lol. So basically I got a warning without every being pulled over.

Ps about 5min before I saw him their is a section of road nice and straight with no cross streets. I glad he didn't see me there ;)

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's illegal for police to break traffic laws unless they are responding. And then only if it is safe to do so. I used to take license numbers of violating police and report it. I knew the head of the state police and he told me it would always go in the officer's personnel file unless justified. Come to think of it, I know the current head of the state police. Maybe I'll start again.

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's illegal for police to break traffic laws unless they are responding. And then only if it is safe to do so. I used to take license numbers of violating police and report it. I knew the head of the state police and he told me it would always go in the officer's personnel file unless justified. Come to think of it, I know the current head of the state police. Maybe I'll start again.
Cobraken, That would have really been beneficial to the New Orleans Police Officers if they had known that during Hurricane Katrina! At least they're suppose to be cleaning all that Hell of a Mess Up & I'm not talking about Katrina. Maybe they will after getting rid of the ******** Mayor (Nagin) they had before that wanted to restore it back to a Chocolate New Orleans (What A Friggin' Joke) But what can I say, we're the state that had to choose between Edwin Edwards & David Duke for Governor! Enough Said. jmo

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So ya know, in the State of Florida Enviromental,Wildlife and Forest Officers are Sworn State Law Enforcement Officers with statewide authority.It would be serious problem if one did not stop on a traffic stop.

Ghoust

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember back in the day I got pulled over in my terminator cobra for speeding. I was going 70 in a 65. The cop just pulled me over to take a better look at the car. Funny how cops can also be car guys.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960