Purchasing a 2008 ACR

noisy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Calling all ACR owners. I sold my 2003 viper and I'm about to buy a 2008 ACR with 2k miles. Red/black/Red combo.

Usually what comes with the car aside from keys, books and manuals? I heard that the acr has an adjustable suspension (kw v3)? Will it include a spanner wrench to adjust the ride height? Car covers?
Also, what are the key factors to look for aside from the tires?

Thanks in advance!

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That low of miles the paint should be nearly perfect. GenIV's are not known for their paint! It chips easily and often if it doesn't have a clear bra installed. Do you care if the car was tracked? If so check the suspension for any adjustments. My 08 had a piece of tape on each shock that would be broken if the suspension had been adjusted. Move the seat up, are there holes in the carpet from the 5 point harness?
Otherwise drive it like ya stole it! They don't break easy and they should be driven!

shine

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Should have:
Wrench for adjustable shocks
Car cover with duffel bag
Front splitter extension

Although any of those things can be purchased aftermarket if not included.

natsfan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Should have:
Wrench for adjustable shocks
Car cover with duffel bag
Front splitter extension

Although any of those things can be purchased aftermarket if not included.

Do all 08 Vipers come with a car cover and duffel bag automatically? Or is it an option the buyer had to choose?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No, Vipers did not come with car covers, except with some special editions, and with many of them it was also an option --- frankly most of the ones we had did not have car covers.