Quaife Diffs on Sale!

doug@taylor-race

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Quaife ATB Differentials on Sale at Taylor Race Engineering. We are the experts on on Viper Quaife ATB Differentials. We Designed it, we install it (correctly) and we warrant it. Regular price $1895. If you have it installed by our Expert Technicians, $1,549! This offer is good for the month of March only. Give Doug a call at 1-800-922-4327 or email [email protected].

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So its $1549 for a Quaife rear end assembly installed into my rear end diff? Dang maybe I should come down to Tx. What is the turn around time on an install?

Reaction score
I think what he is saying is that they will sell you the diff itself for $1549 if you have them install it (at an extra cost) I assume anyway. If you can really buy them for that amount installed and ready to go I will take 10!:2tu::drive:

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew I wasn't understanding this ad right for that price. But I believe you deciphered it for me. Thanks mjorgensen :2tu:. Now what is the price for install?

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Quaife was arguably the best mod I (Mark J.) did in my 2006 Paxton Coupe. I made the mistake of just doing a 3.55 the first time, then did it all again when he added the Quaife. BIG difference in control. Do yourself a favor and do gears and the Quaife together one time..

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know, it clearly states ..."Regular price $1849. If you have it installed by our expert technicians, $1549". Any other meaning in my mind is baiting the customer. The headline is "Diff Sale"

wing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it worth the money on a street driven 2008?

Reaction score
Is it worth the money on a street driven 2008?

Everyone here knows how tail happy the Viper is and even on the street during spirited driving it will make a big difference in how well the rear end stays behind you and you can drive harder than you ever could without it. I knew since I was changing the gears that this was the first thing that had to be done and I can attest to how well it works saving you at times. :D

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone here knows how tail happy the Viper is and even on the street during spirited driving it will make a big difference in how well the rear end stays behind you and you can drive harder than you ever could without it. I knew since I was changing the gears that this was the first thing that had to be done and I can attest to how well it works saving you at times. :D

Marks car is an incredible driving experience.

Bruce

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just sent an email to Doug for a quote on gears only and then gears and Quaife. Mine will be cash and carry since I live near them and also do my own mechanic work. A rare advantage of living around the non automotive Mecca of :tx:

OP
OP
D

doug@taylor-race

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Let me clarify the sale. mjorgensen is correct. The Regular price of the Quaife ATB Differential is $1,895. That is the regular price of the Quaife Differential unit, whether we install it or not. The sale is $1,549 if you use our Service Department to install it. The price is still $1,895 Cash & Carry. Since we designed and warrant the unit, we want to be sure that it is properly installed in your housing. We only perform a "Competition Prep" install to ensure durability and performance under extreme conditions. This involves machining of your housing and installing our bearing retainer system, as well as modification of the stub axles.

To clarify; The price is $1,895 over the counter. The price is $1,545 ($350 Discount) if we install the Quaife ATB Differential in your carrier. We do not install the carrier in the car.

To those of you that requested quotes, Thank you. Our Service Department is working on your particular request and will have prices to you today.

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I send you my diff, can you quote me a price (or PM me a price) to have the quaife installed by you and sent back? What is the turn around time?

OP
OP
D

doug@taylor-race

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, send me an email. Our turn-around time is about a week. Although it only takes a few hours to do the work, we have to schedule machine time to do the modifications to your housing.

OP
OP
D

doug@taylor-race

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My quote is $2,644.80 without the ring and pinion gears installed in my diff. The labor is $857.00
Actually, that's not quite correct. I quoted $539 Labor, $184 Machine Work to modify your stub axles and $134 Machine Work to modify your carrier to accept our bearing retainers. This is all part of our "Competition Prep" build and is the only way we build them. The Quaife unit is $1,549 and the remainder is new ring gear bolts, misc bolts, nuts, washers, snap rings, bearings, shims and shop supplies.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not complaining and yes the Quaife is just what you advertised no issues with the quote at all. I realize there is nore to it than just dropping in the diff. Just wanting to let others know of the bottom line. Its not a bad price and I plan to go in that direction. I need to give Obama a quick call or Pelosi see if I can get some of the pork. Doug thanks for the compliments on my car. One additional question I had for you is the gear selection. No gears are included wo what is the cost of gears and also I don't want unitrax gears ( noisy) danan44 I think is my choice. Let me know
Thanks
Chris

OP
OP
D

doug@taylor-race

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem. I just want everyone to know that we do more than just drop it in the housing and glue in the bearings. We have shut-down for a day, so I'll have to check prices tomorrow, but I believe the ring & pinion is around $400 and the install kit (Pinion Bearing & ancillaries)is around $100. Do you mind if I use one of the pics in our new catalog?

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug I would be honored.
As for the gears I am thinking 3:55 gears I had a 3:55 unitrax but it got to whine so loud I had to take it out. I went back to my 3:73 mopar and I really love the zip of those gears but, I am thinking about dragging the car and I wonder if the gear is to low. Have any thoughts or opinions from others?

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the $2644.80 is the price if I take the pumpkin off my car and bring it in or ship to your shop and add another $500 or so to have the gears, 3.33, installed and ready to be bolted back on the car.

Total some where around $3144.80 +/- not including shipping charges.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the $2644.80 is the price if I take the pumpkin off my car and bring it in or ship to your shop and add another $500 or so to have the gears, 3.33, installed and ready to be bolted back on the car.

Total some where around $3144.80 +/- not including shipping charges.

Such a deal............... sorry I could'nt help myself

OP
OP
D

doug@taylor-race

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure you can get it installed at the local transmission shop by a guy who has no idea what he's doing. You could probably save $300-$400 parts and labor.

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what kind of horsepower can these things hold up to? What exactly does your warranty cover? What kind of gears should I look at getting for 1/4 mile driving with about 1650 HP.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what kind of horsepower can these things hold up to? What exactly does your warranty cover? What kind of gears should I look at getting for 1/4 mile driving with about 1650 HP.

Holy $@#^ you might want to think about a Mark Williams set up at that point. Then the tranny.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doug;

What is the core charge? I kinda want to keep my rear diff assembly as is and just pull it out and wrap in bubble wrap, because I want to preserve the original parts on the car. I know that is crazy but anyway........:)

I am just trying to see if it make more sense for me to buy a donor rear and send that in to be worked or just purchase a complete unit, quafie, 3.55 gears and all out the door shipped from you to me and eat the core?

Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R