Quaife Install Question

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Quaife with 355 installed yesterday. I am trying to get used to the gearing. Some of the issues I am having and would like to ask about-

Car pops on decel much much more. Is this because of the higher gearing?

Car is a little harder to get into third gear. Is this form the added resistance to the shift line? I had them change the transmission fluid and hope I used the right stuff- I couldn't find mopar atf-4 so I used castrol atf-4.

Main worry- This is hard to explain but when I turn left or right I feel like something is shifting in the rear. I feel it in the back of the seat. It feel like a slight shift like something in the rear is a little loose. If I do quick right - left swerves I feel like something is shifting in the rear. It is very subtle and I am not sure if this is a trait of the quaife or something is wrong. This was a used unit that I bought form a member here. I had the shop open it up and all the gears looked ok but the didn't disassemble it.

Thanks

Reaction score
With the 3.55 you will have more torque multiplied and the engine/trans will "rotate" harder during on and off throttle. The shifter moves around more because of this and may be making it "seem harder" to get third gear. The Woodhouse engine and trans mounts would help a lot of this and the MGW shifter would also offer you some benefit. If you have these already then I would re evaluate the transmission fluid choice.

OP
OP
S

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mark. I do have the MGW shifter but was thinking I would do your mounts in the next week or so when I install the headers. Is there a way to order on the web or do I need to call in.

Thanks
Gary

USMCLY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
where and price did they charge? if you can PM that be great thanks! im looking to do this as well

Reaction score
You can always just call me directly Gary.

800-889-1893 toll free OR
402-677-2935 is my personal cell.

Thanks,

Thanks Mark. I do have the MGW shifter but was thinking I would do your mounts in the next week or so when I install the headers. Is there a way to order on the web or do I need to call in.

Thanks
Gary