Quaife Observations

johnk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sent my 06 Coupe back to Woodhouse (1200 miles each way) last month for an '08 Hood, engine/trans mounts, Quaife, etc. and am deliquent in posting pics of the hood, hopefully soon. I wanted to comment on the Quaife. Mark J. had installed the Paxton, 3.55 gears, Corsa etc when the car was new, now 18 months later I upgraded to the Quaife. Mark swapped in a complete, pre-setup Quaife/3.55 center section. On this car, it make a ..tremendious.. difference (already have PS-2s) . Previously, a stab in mid first gear brought on wheel hop, immediate wheel spin, and and immediate rear end snap to the left or right. In 2nd idling along, if I slowly floored the pedal the car would take off, and as soon as it started to build boost (perhaps 3700 rpm) the tires would break loose and the back end would instantly come around. Now, the car behaves much more like a good solid axle car. A quick stab mid way through 1st obviously blows the tires away, but the rear end doesn't react left or right, just keeps going straight. In the idle rolling 2nd gear test, the car definately seems to hook better, and when the tires light up at ~4k, the rear end stays rock steady with NO tendency to swap ends, allowing much easier and precise pedaling to regain traction. Absolute money well spent, I should have done the Quaife the first time around. And as usual, my experiance with Mark and Wookhouse was flawless....

Last edited:

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more about the Quaiffe. I have one in both my 06 coupes. Not only does it keep the car straight in a drag situation, but the power and control coming out of hard turns is a big difference also. Quaiffe, lightweight rotors, and Sport Cups...nothing better

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Agree, great mod.

I have one in all three Vipers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4