Question about Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, IL

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Scott

I can tell whatever you want know. I am one of the founders and driving instructors for the Autobahn, we will have our own facility there also. The Autobahn will be one of three sportcar country clubs in the U.S.. You will never see such a variety of sportscars any where. There will cars like Enzos, Viper Coupes, Mclaren's, F1 cars, Indy cars almost any exotic car you desire is see.

I will out there on Wednesday if it does not rain.

Any other question just drop me a line.

Butch
SMS Racing

01 Viper GTS 10.33 e.t @ 136 M.P.H.
02 360 Modena
03 Porsche GT-3 Super Cup Car (finished 5th @ 2004 SCCA National Division)
93.5 Turbo Supra 615 r.w.h.p. 600 r.w.t.q.
04 Cadillac Lade
03 BMW 760 Li
04 Audi S4
Ac Cobra (460 c.i. Ford Racing Motor 550 h.p.)
03 Mercedes SL55

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Butch,

How bout a booking a rental day for us midwest Viper guys next year?

Give me a shout if your ever looking for a navigator - Joliet is a short cruise from the <font color="red"> Quad Cities! </font> :2tu:

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, we will be glad to accommodate anyone in the Viper Club. I had approached the Viper Club this year but they were not interested, I am willing to help anyone in the Viper Club.

Let me know...

Butch
SMS Racing

02 360 Modena
04 Cadillac Lade
03 BMW 760 Li
04 Audi S4
03 Mercedes SL55

03 Porsche GT-3 Super Cup Car (5th @ 2004 SCCA GT-2 National Division)
2004 SCCA GT-2 National Track Record @ Road America 2:22.60

Autobahn Country Club Founder

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Autobahn Country Club is an incredible facility and has an extremely well designed, wide, challenging and fast paced racetrack. Great group of people and the diversity of vehicles is amazing! :2tu:

If you are thinking about getting a membership I would suggest doing it now. Starting Nov. 1st the price goes up.

I recently became a member and was helping instruct other members this past weekend for the first lapping days. We ran the North track (less technical of the two tracks, 1.5 miles) and it was about 1:15 - 1:20 for an average car. Some of the more serious racecars were running 1:05 - 1:10. This wasn't exact timing and only taken from my wristwatch.

You can get an enormous amount of track time in 1 day :D I enjoyed helping members with everything from Comp Coupes, Porsche GT2's to SRT 4's and GTI's

I'm going to be offering 1 on 1 beginner and advanced full day roadcourse racing instruction starting in the spring. I have been helping instruct for many years and find it very rewarding to see peoples racing abilities improve dramatically in a short period of time. Customers of SVS that upgrade their vehicles to a more serious level will receive the same fullday instruction for free. All of this info will be on our new website.

Having the facility so close to our shop and in the heart of the Chicagoland area is a dream come true.

Here's some pics from the Lapping Days and Open House.

Testing member Dan Spata's Comp Coupe and SVS Stryker S/C. Running the Comp Coupe on the track was pure bliss. Dan and I had a great time slicing and dicing on Friday.
You must be registered for see images

Ben Madey's Viperspeed pit area. I helped show Ben the line in his SRT-4 that was totally prepared for the track. We had a great time but we were black flagged for being too fast :D

Lola - V10 Judd - Closest thing to a fighter pilot cockpit on the ground

Mazda Formula Atlantic

Mazda Spec Open Wheel Racecars

All original from the factory! WOW :cool:

All of the different vehicles and different sounds going around the track were awesome.

Joe Hish - Vintage racer and owner Extraordinaire

Trans-Am series Corvette

Lotus Elise reported to be a excellent track racer.

You will see it all at the A.C.C.

Ron Misjak Jr. :usa:

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jr.

Ben was telling me about your hounding of a P-car that got you black-flagged... Too funny! That SRT-4 rocks huh?

Looking forward to seeing you out there and getting you to show me the line too...

Rich

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about elevation? Is this a flat track or is there various elevational changes? I'm very excited that we have a professionally designed track here in our backyard of Chicago! Now who wants to foot the bill to let me get on this track! :p

Jay K.

Butch The Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, there are no elevation changes.. It is a very well thought out track. Safety was one of the main concerns when designing this track.

Butch
SMS Racing

02 360 Modena
04 Cadillac Lade
03 BMW 760 Li
04 Audi S4
03 Mercedes SL55

03 Porsche GT-3 Super Cup Car (finished 5th @ 2004 SCCA National Division)
2004 SCCA GT-2 National Track Record @ Road America 2:22.60

Autobahn Country Club Founder

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jr.

Ben was telling me about your hounding of a P-car that got you black-flagged... Too funny! That SRT-4 rocks huh?

Looking forward to seeing you out there and getting you to show me the line too...

Rich

It was all good. That SRT-4 rocks MAJOR! All the upgrades are the perfect complement for the car. It was funny when people asked "What the heck is in that thing?" "That's a Neon?" :D

When you're hanging on the edge at speed, there's nuances on the North track, that can bite you quick because it is such a fast momentum design. There's not much time for a breather anywhere. Even the front straight has a limited amount of "free" time. When they end up having races on the North track it's going to feel like a "Bull Ring". I'm not insinuating that it's bad, I love it and for a 1.5 mile roadcourse I would NEVER get bored of it. It's constantly technical and fast, what a beautiful design!!!!

The best part is that the 2 mile South track is more technical and faster :cool:

Rich, I hope to see you there and will surely show you what I know :2tu:

jR.

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jr:

I hear you on the "free" time issue. We were just at MSR in Ft. Worth and there is no time for fumbling around for a drink line there either! Do the tracks run clockwise, counterclockwise, or either way?

I'm sure I'll see you out there before long,
Rich

Tom86ZT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Butch the snake and Myself were at the track on Wed (founding members at the track for corner marking of the south track)
Was very impressed, we hadn't been there yet. Very top notch tracks. First they were out on the south track to mark the corners. Then we had a little lunch. Then some time on the north track. Finally they opened the entire course up for the 3.5mile track. We were in Butch's Ferrari ('02 350 modena on stock street tires). We weren't clocking laps (the south track had no curbs and will be much faster with them). But on the north track the Motorcyles could not outrun the ferrari. And were not talking about crappy riders, these were top notch riders from the WERA circuit. In fact one of the guys was the midwest champion from this year. Those guys were amazing.
All in all the tracks will be very fast and we cannot wait to get our GT3 cup car out on them. I recommend that everyone that gets a chance to definately check it out.

Tom
SMS Racing

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960