Question about being photo'd / video'd in the Viper

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've noticed and read alot of others getting this too, photo'd and video'd while out in the snake especially of my personalized plate. It happens a lot and I'm sure it ends up on the net somewhere, anybody ever worry about it? Guess there's nothing you can really do about it but thought I'd ask how others feel. :drive::dunno:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really have no opinion on it, but I'll throw out something someone told me the first day I got my first Viper.

"Never pick your nose in the Viper...you never know who's watching you!"

Words to live by....words to live by :)

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL, I'll remember that, definately wouldn't want to end up on youtube diggin' for gold, lol.

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How is having a picture of your car on the internet different than driving it in public? I don't see what there is to worry about

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once I was in my car waiting for the guy in the SUV behind me to finish taking a picture so I could pull out. -_-'

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really have no opinion on it, but I'll throw out something someone told me the first day I got my first Viper.

"Never pick your nose in the Viper...you never know who's watching you!"

Words to live by....words to live by :)

:lmao::lmao: Gotta remember that one.

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It only gets nasty when you drive off really cool for the vid and crash your car into a caravan, just like the other guy on youtube...

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you didn't want to be looked at you would'nt have bought a Viper.
I think it's flattering. I'm just careful not to be picking my nose!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's wrong with picking your nose? Why do you think your finger is just the right size for a nostril. I find it quite relaxing.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like Dave said:

Not a thing you can do about it.

I'll admit that I removed my personalized tag. I put a regular one on to be a bit less remembered...(not that it matters much). Really! even a an old viper like mine attracts plenty attention. I'd rather be remembered as the guy in the old viper than the guy who's tag said "IMFAST" while burning a bit of rubber on the way out of town.....

cheers

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't mind if the pics or video wind up on youtube or somewhere else on the net. My wife and I have been followed all over town more than once and had to lose them so we could go home. Just didn't somewhere necesssarily knowing where we lived.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, I guess just to clarify for a couple of you, I don't "mind" the car being gawked at, photo'd, video'd etc., I think it is flattering and I truly enjoy talking with people about it. My concern was the plate, they always want to get that it seems, it happend 2 times tonight on my sunset drive while sitting in traffic (at least we were stopped thank God), guess that is what I was talking about, and yes, I KNOW there is jack I can do about it as I said in my OP, just wanted to get your alls feelings. One of you said it freaked you out when it first happened, guess that is where I was at, I just don't want some freak trying to find out where I live or something off my plate, I don't know, guess just getting photo'd all the time feels a little weird. I can't imagine the paparazzi on someone holy $hit that would be awful, well if you like privacy at all. :)

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all goes back to the notion/fact the there is no privacy anymore...

It's a modern fact.

I remember being recorded in my viper for the first time... 9/10 years ago... OK...; Hope I wasn't diggin' for nose nuggets.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can be rest assured that everytime you take a Viper out, somewhere, somebody, is taking a pic or video of you.

Not that it bothers me when someone doesn't ask, but I always appreciate when the young kids ask if they can take a picture before they go ahead.
It's nice to see respect is still around in some of the younger crowd.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chicks shapping shots OK...dudes checking out the car..not as OK...Understandable, but not cool...aka get a freaking life. I've had it all at gas stations, stop lights, and all places in between. At this point in ownership, I expect some gawking but have become immune to it. Unless some really hot "I waana be with Chad" chick comes up to me, its just get the hellouttamyway and leave me alone sort of response.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chicks shapping shots OK...dudes checking out the car..not as OK...Understandable, but not cool...aka get a freaking life. I've had it all at gas stations, stop lights, and all places in between. At this point in ownership, I expect some gawking but have become immune to it. Unless some really hot "I waana be with Chad" chick comes up to me, its just get the hellouttamyway and leave me alone sort of response.

I can relate to this statement and agree with it 100% :smirk:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had it happen again today. The girlfriend and I were driving down the highway and a bmw sat behind me for a while and then came alongside for a while. I didn;t realize what he was doing until he stayed one lane over and pulled out ahead of me. I saw he was taking pics with his phone of my car in his driver's side mirror. Guess he got some good all-around shots! lol

Roy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say I really don't care, but the first time it happened to me was on the drive home after buying my 92 and freaked me out big time.

Here I was, being cool, driving around in the coolest car of our small country in the dark, when a black "gipsy"-like mercedes with tinted windows came driving really close in a gear to low with a lot of noise, it felt he wanted to ram me.....in the end it turned out he wanted to get really really close and make a picture of my car! I went a bit nervous and hitted the gas, no more Mercedes :)

tzortzViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chicks shapping shots OK...dudes checking out the car..not as OK...Understandable, but not cool...aka get a freaking life. ...

Is that bad for someone checking out such a unique car?

Man, is not an ordinary car, I was doing the same before I buy mine...

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is that bad for someone checking out such a unique car?

Man, is not an ordinary car, I was doing the same before I buy mine...

Exactly! A guy once told me poor people like nice cars too & it kinda stuck with me. I know when I was younger there was alot of nice rides that I could only look at, cause I couldn't have afforded one of them. You don't want the same **** status that some put on Porsche owners or do you. Man I thought my old 318 Dodge Demon with 340 heads was bad, were those Really the good ole days. I also remember one of my friends that had shag carpet on his dashboard, did anybody else know someone (or them) that did those kind of mods.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960