Question for anyone that has/had logos on their seats

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to do a set of custom seat covers for a pair of Gen 2 seats. The centers, instead of leather, will be similar to the Gen 3 seats (suede or the like). I'm going to put either the Sneaky Pete or Viper or some combination thereof below the headrest.

Given that type of material - the suede - what is the best way to put the logo in? Embroidery? Sewn on patch(es)?

I'm thinking of durability and ability to resist staining from sweat :)tx: :sun: :tx:), and maybe the ability to clean the logos if they do get stained from sweat.

Brentt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Computerised Embroidery. Most sports shops will have the ability to do the embroidery but you'll need your graphic in either an EPS or vector format. FYI, if your using leather or a heavier material it will take a special machine which may be difficult to locate.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would do leather. I don't know if they are still available but my car has the Snake Hydes leather seat centers with logos. They look great and are functionally great because they are the same material as the rest of the seat.

P9270294.JPG

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would do leather. I don't know if they are still available but my car has the Snake Hydes leather seat centers with logos. They look great and are functionally great because they are the same material as the rest of the seat.

I'm not doing leather seat centers. Don't like leather. But if the logo(s) are leather they will be sewn on to the suede I will be using. Which may look weird. Leather on suede.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not doing leather seat centers. Don't like leather. But if the logo(s) are leather they will be sewn on to the suede I will be using. Which may look weird. Leather on suede.
Hey, whatever floats your boat. Some people just like being weird. :lmao:

:D

Seriously though, good luck with your search. Hope it works out and post up some pics of the finished product. :2tu:

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which is why I'm considering stitched monogramming. It won't look weird on the suede. I'm just concerned about durability of that.

I wonder if they can monogram some white hood vents...

trydh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did computerised embroidery on my seats .
You must be registered for see images attach

trydh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
And... I've been wondering for the people that doll up their center console - arm rest - does that stitching like get annoying on the old skin?

I´m not sure what you mean with the "old skin" ? :dunno:
The center console in my Viper is made of carbonfiber that is upholster with suede and new napa leather and thick stitching.

Maybe you mean that the stitching is "standing out" from the rest so it is annoying that way?!

If so... no I does not think about it at all.

( Sorry if my english is bad )

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, if you do the center console, consider also if you might lower your seat in the future. I lowered the seat and found my right elbow hit the console badly. I ended up cutting off the back half of the console and putting rich Corinthian leather from a Mercedes directly on the transmission tunnel. Nice, out of the way... nuthin like a little elbow room in the cockpit. You could get the tools out and redo a back half of the console if you're going to upholster anyway.

upholster = Texan for wearing your gun higher than normal?

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, if you do the center console, consider also if you might lower your seat in the future. I lowered the seat and found my right elbow hit the console badly. I ended up cutting off the back half of the console and putting rich Corinthian leather from a Mercedes directly on the transmission tunnel. Nice, out of the way... nuthin like a little elbow room in the cockpit. You could get the tools out and redo a back half of the console if you're going to upholster anyway.

upholster = Texan for wearing your gun higher than normal?

Tom... At 6ft 4in tall, even with my 1" lowering kit, my arm rests nicely on the console. Was just kinda curious if the stitching would feel like sandpaper after a while.

And BTW... Texan wearing his gun = Glock on a shoulder harness. ;)

We've gone modern when it comes to rapid fire property protection! :rolaugh:

trydh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
very nice. do you have any more pictures of the interior?

Left to do:
Buy pull cups from gen.1 to the door trimpanels.
Carpets with logo on it.

trydh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow. There's about 80hp in upgrades in this thread.

:)

For your satisfaction.....
There are a few upgrades there too. :headbang:

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Temper, temper.......

I really like the interior with the suede inserts and the embroidery.

Chuck, since you're on this thread, any idea what that might cost here?

Thanks.

Peter

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, Trydh, what are you doing to your motor. I see by the interior shots that you have an RT and it is at least 1999 (stainless door handles, hand brake)...unless you modded.

You're doing roller rockers, changing cams....if so, to what. What other things....obviously, if you have the time and inclination to list.

Thanks.:headbang:

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Temper, temper.......

I really like the interior with the suede inserts and the embroidery.

Chuck, since you're on this thread, any idea what that might cost here?

Thanks.

Peter

I know when I talked to Venzano about doing his leather seats, they were $3K. I plan on spending less than that. We'll see.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry. I was getting political. My comment about whimps and idiots had nothing to do with this thread. I was watching news and that can get a guy fired up sometimes.

trydh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It just seems like a good place to relocate to. I dunno, does Sweden have the same number of idiots and whimps per capita as America?

I´m sure that we have our quotient of idiots here too!
But we can trade if you want to, because I hate the winter.
It´s cold and dark almost 24-7. :crazy2:

trydh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, Trydh, what are you doing to your motor. I see by the interior shots that you have an RT and it is at least 1999 (stainless door handles, hand brake)...unless you modded.

You're doing roller rockers, changing cams....if so, to what. What other things....obviously, if you have the time and inclination to list.

Thanks.:headbang:

I have a silver 1999 RT/10
I have changed the pistons ( JE, stock ratio for perhaps a blower or TT. )
H-profile rods, newly balanced with all the new parts, all bearings are new, no cams yet, ported heads with bigger stainless steel valves, upgraded valvesprings and titanium retainers, JESEL roller rockers, changed too GTS/R timing chain with adjustment, all machine works on the block & heads.
No headers yet because I haven´t decided if I will go with the blower or the TT.
I have changed the cats and I have Corsa 3" exhaust on now.
Things that I want to do next is buy a AEM plug & play EMS and some other small stuff. :drive: