Question for those with a Clear Bra

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I start tracking my car, I was thinking of adding one of those Clear Bra paint protection kits to the front of my car, like 3M. The nose of my car is not perfect, but the chips are very tiny that I have. Most have been touched up anyway. For those that have them, are they worth it and do you think I can apply it with minor imperfections? I know I have to find someone who really knows what they are doing or it will look like arss.

Thanks.

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one on the nose and behind the wheels,it really does save the paint ,although we have a guy in the local club who just has the nose of his car repainted every year.I spent 600.00 on my clear bra and it should make it two years before it's replaced.My installer did an exceptional job and it is virtually invisible.My car did not have chips so I can't give you any info on that.Good Luck!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recommend the Avery clear, it has less orange peel than 3M, if you do up on the hood and front fenders with 3M, you will not be happy witht eh orange peel

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine is a #M custom cut and its DEFINETELY worth it. mine went on when i had a couple small spots on the fascia and im glad it went on. i would never own another viper without it

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At Pocono last week, a number of the Vipers there had the 3M on their cars and I had to look really closely to notice it. I will tell you this...while I working up a sweat scrubbing bug jerky and rubber off the front of my Viper between runs the 3M guys were taking it easy and laughing at me. If not for paint protection then the ease of cleaning bug guts does it for me. This is my next mod.

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hit a tire wall at about 40-50 mph, directly on my clear bra on the passenger front side of the fascia. It was black as hell, but after I removed it there was no damage to the underlying paint. Amazing.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would strongly recomend it. There is a newer type of 3M film (no "orange peel") that I had installed by "ultrashield". The first install of 3M film was on my OEM fascia and had "orange peel". Mine was a total custom install over an "autoform" fascia and "Usexotics" hood. It looked like a wrestling match as the installer stretched the film over the car. When finished it was barely noticeable. The cost was $900.00

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hit a tire wall at about 40-50 mph, directly on my clear bra on the passenger front side of the fascia. It was black as hell, but after I removed it there was no damage to the underlying paint. Amazing.

How do you remove clear bra, I have a couple of parts on my sidesills where it was installed but now looks like crap? I'd like to remove it, but don't want to damage the paint.

OP
OP
S

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'm pretty much sold on getting one, the problem now is finding someone close to me that is reputable.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do a search for "Ultrashield". They are a national company with franchises in most cities.

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To remove it, just heat it up with a glue gun and it should peel right off. If any residue is left behind, you can remove it with any wax-prep kit. I used Pinnacle precleanse and the residual came right off without any scratches. Just don't forget to re-wax the fascia after you are done!

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'm pretty much sold on getting one, the problem now is finding someone close to me that is reputable.

Bit of a drive, but John Rose in Carlisle is the best around.....if you are coming to the Lets Roll Cruise on the 8th, you will only be 10 minutes away

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960