Question for Tom, F&L GoR about fuel injector cleaner

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Number 5 in the series and a special shout out to Dave...don't think I'll ever catch up.

Many of you send me *** with oil questions. I will answer to you personally, but I think I will also put up my answers as a new thread. Feel free to send me ***, my User CP is set to bounce it to my email so I will respond more quickly to you than to a new thread. I'll hide/change the names to protect the innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom, F&L GoR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjj
Hey Tom, Have you ever heard of ACES IV Gasoline Formula Fuel Injector cleaner?
http://www.bndautomotive.com/page/page/931760.htm
I'm not interested in using it, but thought if ANYBODY would know if it's junk, it would be you. Thanks, jjjj

That is bull****! Adding 9 octane numbers with an EPA registered additive (meaning was presented to EPA for their consideration of combustion, evaporative emissions and health effects = no metallics like tetraethyl lead or truly dangerous materials) is not possible. Also, they misstate the effect of lead, saying it is an upper cylinder lubricant as well as valve seat recession additive. Tetraethyl lead did not do that. They also claim all coolants contain sodium... false. I stopped reading after that.

BS, BS, BS.

-Tom

Thanks for looking at it. All the people over on the Charger forums think this is the ULTIMATE stuff, wasn't even gonna try and tell them anything, just laughed.:lmao:Thanks again for your knowledge:2tu: jjjj