QUESTION: Who Wants Drag Brakes?

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi All,

I keep getting requests for a light weight drag racing brake setup that will fit beneath Purner drag wheels.

Since I don't wanna re-enter the brake business...but wouldn't mind making a "kit" I'm curious what...if any...demand is out there for a package like this.

Lemme know,
David Tittle

[email protected]

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not an easy do thing.... Been working with LAMB for 6 months now to get a 5 bolt correct offset kit...

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, Purner contacted Tittle to design a set of rear drag brakes that fit under the Purner drag wheels. Tittle=brakes. I have his 6 piston front/ 4 piston rear wilwoods and they are phenomenal.

If you are interested in a set of upgraded rear brakes that fit under drag wheels, then he can make them. He needs a minimum number of interested parties to break even on the manufacturing costs, however.

OP
OP
D

dtittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, exactly what he said!

Actually, I've had a frenzy of calls about 12" diameter brake package that'll allow the use of Monster drag slicks on the rear of the car.

I CAN make them...it just costs a lot of $$$ and I wanna ensure that I'm wasting valuable time away from the Kegerator and reality TV...I'm sure you understand.

Chime in and reply if you think you'd like a bolt-on drag-race brake setup available!

War Brakes.

Tittle

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is a lot of $$$, is that for one set .......

if you made 3-4 sets would be 80% a lot of $$$ ...

if you made 10 sets it would reasonable?

I would be interested if I knew costs and how much better than stock it is.

I need information to know my level of interest.

Cudaman :usa:

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you just considering "Drag Racing brakes" because of you think your ET will drop with 15" rear tires? thats bs, tire height is more important.

-First of all DR brakes are designed to be lightweight. (not intended for street use)
-The Viper rear frame clears 28" tires no more without cutting. (higher tires and you will need to modify frame and wheel well)
-A 28x16x12.5" rear slick will net you 1.45 60 footers without problem. 1.40s are possible if you adjust rear end geometry for DR only.
-Make sure that the package you buys clears backoffset and works with more then one wheel brand.

I'm using DR brakes becaus the are lighter, gives me better unsprung weight. Faster weight transfer from front to rear etc. I decided to switch to 5 bolt chevy pattern, that gives me more options on wheels, the choice of light real DR wheels, not the heavy pieces from CCW (Purner).
The biggest concern have so far been the front hubs, we are now on our 4th set just to get a solution were the front offset is correct, were a, of the shelf front runner wheel look good on the car (not as the CCWs that are way to far out in the wheel opening)