Question?

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had my SRT-10 since July of 03 and other then having the top up at the dealer when I got it. I have forgotten about it. I'm just wondering if I am going to have a problem with it being folded all the time in the future?
Any body out there know or have had any problems with the top being folded away?

P.S. I got a conv cover when I picked up the car.

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think you should have any problems other than a possible bit of fading.
My boats convertible top is basically the same material and I have never used it in the 8 years I've had the boat, it has been folded (several different pieces) and stored in the boat. Last summer I pulled the biggest piece out just to have a look, thinking it would be trash, and it was in perfect condition.
There is only one way to find out!

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a mint convertible with exchangeable hard top.

I did not put up the soft top more than 2-3 times per year.

However, when the top was up, the fabric had very slightly shrunk, and despite the top being virtually new, it leaked rain at the seams.

I was told, and used, (wooden) deck sealant at the seams. Problem solved.

That is the only negative of which I am aware. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
S

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the input all, But I am more concerned of the mechanical part. This car will never see the rain!
Any problems with the glass,trunk,molding,hinges etc etc...

Thanks Joe

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe- like you, I don't put the top up, EXCEPT I do when I'm not going to drive it for 30 days or so. The first couple of times, it was tough, but now, after about 10 raisings, it's a piece of cake.

PBR
10 of 50

OP
OP
S

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Joe- like you, I don't put the top up, EXCEPT I do when I'm not going to drive it for 30 days or so. The first couple of times, it was tough, but now, after about 10 raisings, it's a piece of cake.

PBR
10 of 50

Thanks Paul,

I Think I'll do the same. Maybe when it sits for a bit I'll put the top up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang