Quick 2001 GTS question.

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and I did search;

got new radar detector. ordering mirror mount and was going to order invisicord after reading the threads. Car is not available to me to look at the moment; Before I order ( as I don't remember seeing it) is my rear view mirror powered or not? See threads from guys with 2001s doing hard wire to fuse box..........

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My V1 is hardwired. I pulled the headliner down (PITA...) and ran it and my Hella TPMS wire under the liner, and then down the a pillar. It's pretty hard to completely hide the wires short of under the headliner, but I gave it 100% and that works for me.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah...pulling the headliner stinks. I know alot of guys use the mirror mount, and I thought about it in my daily cars. I have the ScanGauge mounted above the rear view and V1s mounted above the mirror, too. When I tried mounting below the mirror...I didn't like the blindspot.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
.....and the rear facing roof-mounted map pockets that disgorge their contents upon acceleration. Not like acceleration'd ever happen in a Viper or anything like that......

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, who's brillant idea was that? Aside from the fact that after time it starts to sag and look but, it doesn't hold crap. I put a pair of sun glasses up there once, forgot about them till I hit it hard and they ended up in the little storage above the glove box. :)

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why the center-back storage is THERE! ... to catch what you shouldn't have put in the overhead pocket. I hand stitched some new elastic to the inside of the original piece and improved the sag quite a bit. I was actually just trying it out to see if it was feasible. Eventually, I'll go to an upolstery shop and have them do the same thing, only better.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456