Quick Pic - updated with painted calipers

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finished ceramic painting my calipers, to update the look a bit & got a bit of polishing time in on the wheels, here's a quick pic.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The calipers had a pretty weak black finish & the Viper logo was fading / messed up. The red makes a huge difference, showing off the size of those things & making it look current.

For the wheels I just meant a good cleaning, took them off & cleaned them inside & out with mothers wheel wax & the sponge polishing ball.

Dave.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2003 came with dark gray brake calibers with silver logos. I have seen kits on the Tire Rack web site that you can paint your calibers with. they come in many colors. DMan, is this the paint that you used to do yours?

Robbie

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good idea. I'd still like to see the calipers in silver and even thought about painting mine.

Good shot of the car too.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep .. I've done this to my cars for years. I've used 2 products with great results. FolioTech is a non-bake lacquer paint and Duplicolor has a high temp ceramic caliper paint - both come in colors like red, blue, yellow, black, silver - I've never had an issue with chipping or fading, good products.

Dave.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep .. I've done this to my cars for years. I've used 2 products with great results. FolioTech is a non-bake lacquer paint and Duplicolor has a high temp ceramic caliper paint - both come in colors like red, blue, yellow, black, silver - I've never had an issue with chipping or fading, good products.

Dave.

Did you put the Viper decal back on?

Jasone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to paint my calipers and would like some advice from others who have done this. I track my car so heat will be a problem. I also don't want to loose the Viper logo.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'd also like to hear from anyone that has had issues doing this.

Thanks

-Jasone