Quick Q about water in hood vents...

BolsOut

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey All,

New 05 SRT-10 owner here, getting ready for first wash / wax. The engine compartment is spotless, and I'd like to keep it that way. Also have very hard water, so I really dont want it getting in there.

I notice the hood has nice large louvered vents on top. Whats the best way to keep the water out of the engine bay?

Any other "holes" I should know about?

Thanks!
-Mark

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use the self adhesive "Press and Seal" Saran Wrap and rip off two pieces that will cover the vents on the top of the hood. Just press it on the hood over the vents and pull off when your done with the wash. :2tu:

Last edited:

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG:eyecrazy: It's just not important. Wipe down your valve covers after the wash and your good to go. Its all good and the engine is designed to get wet and dirty. Im a clean freak with my car but (for me) its just a quick blow with the leaf blower under the hood and all is well.

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG:eyecrazy: It's just not important. Wipe down your valve covers after the wash and your good to go. Its all good and the engine is designed to get wet and dirty. Im a clean freak with my car but (for me) its just a quick blow with the leaf blower under the hood and all is well.

If the engine is warm/hot, the only thing left will be waterspots that can be a PIA to remove. You can use masking tape and mask them off.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am with Shandon on this one... Exactly what I do.

Whether warm or not just dont let it dry and you will be fine. I even wash down the engine once in a while.

If the engine is warm/hot, the only thing left will be waterspots that can be a PIA to remove. You can use masking tape and mask them off.

SSGViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am with Shandon on this one... Exactly what I do.

Whether warm or not just dont let it dry and you will be fine. I even wash down the engine once in a while.

Easier said than done... it dries during the wash process due to the hot engine. To each his own I guess.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would suggest letting the car cool off a bit prior to washing. Even with engine warm I can simply towel dry the engine bay and never had a problem with water marks.

Proof...

You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

Easier said than done... it dries during the wash process due to the hot engine. To each his own I guess.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would use either blue painters tape or saran wrap. I always wrap my Z06 mirrors in saran wrap before washing to prevent the water from running out for weeks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235