"R Hooks"

DublinOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a previous thread I found reference to "R Hooks" as the best way to tie a Gen II viper down. Can someone point me to a website and specific part number so I can be sure to order the correct ones? My existing ratchet straps have a "J Hook". How do most folks interface the two?

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

Steve

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fred is kinda the resident racing expert here, but I never used that hook. I did use "R" hooks, those things locked in place and nothing would move, I've seen many use "J" hooks and they seem to work fine, I haven't heard of any problems. I used 4 "R" hooks and 4 10,000 lb. ratchet straps, on an open trailer.

"R" hooks http://www.surfcitygarage.com/detail2.php?product_id=160

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fred is kinda the resident racing expert here, but I never used that hook. I did use "R" hooks, those things locked in place and nothing would move, I've seen many use "J" hooks and they seem to work fine, I haven't heard of any problems. I used 4 "R" hooks and 4 10,000 lb. ratchet straps, on an open trailer.

"R" hooks http://www.surfcitygarage.com/detail2.php?product_id=160

SoCal Rebell, thanks, but I am not expert in this area.

J-hooks R-hooks, T-hooks - A few years ago when I started towing someone suggested the what I posted above and I thought at the time it was a J-hook?

The only thing I can say is that the T-hooks have worked for me.

Others use the R-hooks?

It would be nice to know what is used on the Viper by Reliable?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use R hooks in the front. No hooks needed in the back. Seem to work fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery