race weekend September 19,20,21,22 in Austin

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How and where do we sign up for this event? I have had my hotel booked for a couple months now and don't want to miss the event cause I can't sign up for it.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good question. I've had my hotel booked for a couple months now too.
Totally forgot about the signing up part. Glad you asked.
Thanks.

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the zone rendezvous 2013 in Austin is taking place from sept 19-22 which also includes 1 day pass to the race, on saturday only though (think this will also include pit passes with srt, not sure through). Friday is a cruise and sunday is autocross. Open to vca members only.

were you talking about this event?

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the zone rendezvous 2013 in Austin is taking place from sept 19-22 which also includes 1 day pass to the race, on saturday only though (think this will also include pit passes with srt, not sure through). Friday is a cruise and sunday is autocross. Open to vca members only.

were you talking about this event?

That's the one!

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I emailed the northcentral club pres. and asked about the signup sheet. I was wondering the same thing.

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pres. E-mailed me a while back and said it was a South/Central Tx. club event and they were in charge of signing up? I'd sure hate to miss it and pay $500 for the hotel for nothing!

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
true, but each pres will have the signup sheet or provide how to sign up (per gregs previous email). I would have figured this would already have been done so they can get their money to secure any venues that require pament.

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One would think. No one seems to sure of what to do. I sent a message to one of the guys in the South/Central club and he wrote me back that he sent a message to the guy involved with organizing the event. We'll see what transpires. Art

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one seems to know anything. Unless I hear something pretty soon, I think I'm going to get a refund on the hotel and forget it.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
In the same boat here. I'm planning on driving down for the race either way, but it would be nice to know if I need to be buying race tickets or not.

datruodb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Planning on going to Houston that weekend, but if this gets put together I'd be down cancel my flight and drive down to Austin.

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'll just bail on this one! I booked the hotel specified in the N.Tx. Viper Club website, and now find out it is 45 minutes away and a ****load of traffic. Not only that, it says registration is through the South/Central Tx. club and it isn't??? It also says it is sold out!! Unless some different info comes through pretty soon, I'm out. Too bad this seems so poorly organized for such a large event!!

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay,

I just heard from the South Central Viper Club President. This event is a definite "Go". He will be posting to this thread shortly with updated information.

There was an apparent "Glitch" pursuant the forms for signing up, which reportedly has been resolved, and they will be going out to all members. Please remember, this is a "VCA Member" event.

I'm very much looking forward to attending this event, and hope others will as well.

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure where anyone is getting information or misinformation on this event. Jim Johnson and several regional presidents in our zone have been notified of all the continuing issues. We were geared up to send out all registration info this evening but were just hit with another very large discrepancy we are trying to resolve. Full info will come out to your Regional Presidents within 24 hours. We are working with items that are completely out of our control on this race weekend.

This event has been through over 9 reinventions due to constant changes over the past 5 months. This event will be a great time with all our fellow Viper owners, and at the core of it that is all it should be.

OP
OP
A

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look on the N. Tx. Viper club website, it gives the hotel we would get the "best" deal at? (Apparently 45 min away and lots of traffic!??) It also says the registration is being handled by the South/Central club.

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you look on the N. Tx. Viper club website, it gives the hotel we would get the "best" deal at? (Apparently 45 min away and lots of traffic!??) It also says the registration is being handled by the South/Central club.

Yes that was the best deal for hotel. I have always tried to use the Omni in Austin before but on Race weekends we did not think people would think about coming at close to $250/night. All Hotels in Austin go crazy on race weekend. Registration is being handled by our region, we have been working constantly for 5 months trying to get the best deal possible for the club with MANY hurdles and time delays. This last discrepancy was cleared up today but registration will not go out until we get confirmation of our conversation in writing so there are no surprises to our members. Taking MUCH longer than expected or planned to get the sign up out to you, but we are waiting for your best interest. Do not want to over promise anything that is out of our control. On the distance and traffic, we have several things planned each day so that will not come into play as it would if you were just going to Austin to watch the race. This will be a fun weekend with a lot of fun people. As soon as I get everything in concrete everything will go out, crossing our fingers for tonight. We are all working many late nights on this.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 month away...I went ahead and cancelled with a few others and we just bought tickets on our own at our own risk in the shade of the grand stands. I hope the SRT/VCA split isnt hurting this event, I know that alone might cause a massive issue. Anyway, see you guys out there!

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan- nothing to cancel yet because no registration package has been sent yet, confused on what you and others have cancelled.

To all others that are excited to join our event and enjoy the race at COTA all weekend with SRT in their hospitality tent with meet & greets, goodies, etc... I JUST now got a reply email from JR Thompson confirming we should have all details in writing TODAY, FINALLY! Email states:

Kurt,

I should have to you shortly there was some wording we were reworking to make it clear.

Kim

Short and simple- we will get registration forms and details to all regional presidents as soon as Jim Johnson the Zone Director okays everything and distributes to everyone. Thank you to those that waited, you will not be disappointed with the digs SRT has put together for all of us. It has been frustrating and several long nights and more conference calls than I care to count but we should finally have the final draft out to our ZD by tonight, members should see it very soon after that. Ben Keating with ViperExchange.com and Will Hamblin with RSI are our two big sponsors to help make this SW Zone event affordable to all and will be onsite at our Friday dinner to talk with everyone, have Q&A etc. In addition I spoke to Ben yesterday and he is racing in the IMSA GT3 Cup race Friday late afternoon so we have added that to our schedule!

It is down to the wire and late notice but all involved in making this SRT race weekend event are VERY excited

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear that SRT will be involoved. Looking forward to seeing the details and thanks for all the hard work behind the scenes to those involved!

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ryan- nothing to cancel yet because no registration package has been sent yet, confused on what you and others have cancelled.

To all others that are excited to join our event and enjoy the race at COTA all weekend with SRT in their hospitality tent with meet & greets, goodies, etc... I JUST now got a reply email from JR Thompson confirming we should have all details in writing TODAY, FINALLY! Email states:

Kurt,

I should have to you shortly there was some wording we were reworking to make it clear.

Kim

Short and simple- we will get registration forms and details to all regional presidents as soon as Jim Johnson the Zone Director okays everything and distributes to everyone. Thank you to those that waited, you will not be disappointed with the digs SRT has put together for all of us. It has been frustrating and several long nights and more conference calls than I care to count but we should finally have the final draft out to our ZD by tonight, members should see it very soon after that. Ben Keating with ViperExchange.com and Will Hamblin with RSI are our two big sponsors to help make this SW Zone event affordable to all and will be onsite at our Friday dinner to talk with everyone, have Q&A etc. In addition I spoke to Ben yesterday and he is racing in the IMSA GT3 Cup race Friday late afternoon so we have added that to our schedule!

It is down to the wire and late notice but all involved in making this SRT race weekend event are VERY excited

Thanks Kurt,
Really appreciate all the hard work that is being put into this to make it a great event for us. My sincere thanks and appreciation to all that are involved.

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you to all Southwest Zone members for sticking in there with us as we finalized all last minute details with SRT and COTA, your wait is now over...

IT IS FINALLY COMPLETE!

YES, the Southwest Zone Rendezvous event is finally complete and we are under the gun to get our registration in now. PLEASE ACT FAST! GET BOTH REGISTRATIONS IN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 13, 2013.

IMPORTANT: Please note that there is TWO attachments the SRT weekend race package and the Southwest Zone Rendezvous Event are two separate event registrations and fees, in order to enjoy the entire race weekend as well a join the dinners and events we have planned for the SW Zone you MUST register with BOTH SRT and South Central Teas Viper Club.

It is finally hear! The 2013 Southwest Zone Rendezvous just outside Austin in Lakeway, TX, is scheduled for September 20-22(with many arriving on the 19th). This year's Zone Rendezvous is focused around support of SRT at the American Le Mans Series and World Endurance Championship race activities at the new Circuit of the Americas (COTA) racetrack. Friday and Saturday activities center on ALMS and the all new and exciting SRT Vipers coming off a spectacular win at Road America! Sunday racing is all about the World Endurance Championships. SRT has negotiated a complete 3 day weekend package at COTA that includes a hospitality area (air-conditioned with food and beverages and closed-circuit TV), a car corral for secure parking for our Vipers, general admission tickets, paddock passes, possible meet-and-greet with the Viper drivers and SRT executives and much more. The Friday night Southwest Zone Rendezvous BBQ dinner and commemorative event T-shirt are sponsored by our good friends at ViperExchange.com and RSI, so make sure extend a hand and thank them for all that they do for us! The 2013 Zone Rendezvous at COTA promises to be full of great racing and friendship among all Viper owners and one that we will always remember!! See you there!

Attachments

• 2013 Southwest Zone Rendezvous REGISTRATION.pdf
    466.8 KB · Views: 29
  • SRT ALMS COTA-RACE TICKET REGISTRATION.pdf
    346.9 KB · Views: 38

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to the COTA web site for all races at COTA. Got our tickets thru them months ago for the ALMS plus they sell the parking passes there too. Sign up with them and you will get all their emails too for all events.

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me and my son will be coming from east texas and will be there on the 19th. After looking for things to do I located the central texas speedway which rents gocarts. From the reviews I read, they are quick and fun. The track is in Kyle which is south of Austin. Anyone interested in going down there with us on the 19th? For more information, just google the track. If there is enough of us, we could probably make a reservation with them.

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me and my son will be coming from east texas and will be there on the 19th. After looking for things to do I located the central texas speedway which rents gocarts. From the reviews I read, they are quick and fun. The track is in Kyle which is south of Austin. Anyone interested in going down there with us on the 19th? For more information, just google the track. If there is enough of us, we could probably make a reservation with them.

The speedway is a blast! When ART was in Buda, our region did an appreciation day and raced ART techs there. IT is an oval so it is a bit different than most go cart tracks. But with as fast as these things go HANG ON!! If I wasn't going to be running around on the 19th doing last minute preparation for the Zone event I would be in.