Radar

2thDr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by C O D Y:
V-1 is the most expensive and you get what you pay for.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The K40 is the most expensive (over $1000) but the V1 is definitely the best.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Valentine is the best. However, A policeman friend of mine and a loyal Corvette owner, tells me NOT to use the radar in my Viper. He says it just shows intent to speed in a car like this. He advises to just pick a stretch of highway (without timing marks), drive it both ways to check for cops and visibility, and go for it if you must. He stressed to watch for areas where deer might be concealed by trees. He did not encourage me, he just told me the smartest way to avoid a ticket.

Yes, the Valentine seems to be the choice, but I have been driving without it taking his advice.

Sincerely,

Jim

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jwwiii:
A policeman friend of mine and a loyal Corvette owner, tells me NOT to use the radar in my Viper. He says it just shows intent to speed in a car like this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Having a Viper shows the intent to speed, you don't need the detector to show that! OK, so not all of us speed. But speaking from experience, an officer will not give you a worse speeding ticket if you have a radar detector and are caught anyway, but your odds of getting caught are pretty minimal if you have a few brain cells and a detector. The bottom line is, your radar detector can "see" the cop long before his eyes can "see" your radar detector and assume you have the intent to speed. I think your cop buddy was trying to trick you into getting caught. I have a cop friend that borrows my Valentine for his trips!

RoyV101621

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had policemen become completely irate only when they see the radar detector. The police have always been polite and professional when they don't see the detector, even when traveling +30 mph. My detector has been in the glove box for more than a year now.