Radio Question

OP
OP
S

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the RB1 in my viper, but looking for bluetooth. Any ideas other then ear peaces and not spending millions of dollars. Thanks

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought one of these last year... it worked great for about 10 days then stopped producing sound. The vendor I purchased from refused to replace the radio..... I battled with my credit card but eventually got all spent refunded........ I have one I'll send you for free...you just pay for shipping.... it has a great display, you just won't hear any music......

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I plunked in one of these for the time being:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/854010-REG/Motorola_89556N_Roadster_2_Car_Kit.html

I *think* those head units are made by these guys here:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...VD-GPS-For-Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge/594488541.html

However, given the penchant for the Chinese to knock anything and everything off, I can't be sure which, if any, are clones.

Here is another unit:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4-3-...r-Dodge-Jeep-with-GPS-Radio-BT/632409415.html

There's quite a few suppliers of this unit, but I think the first one is the most reliable/genuine.

Hands free bluetooth is the law here so it would be nice to have an integrated connection from the phone once you jump in.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the RB1 in my viper, but looking for bluetooth. Any ideas other then ear peaces and not spending millions of dollars. Thanks

More than a few companies make a portable bluetooth speaker. You just clip it to your sunvisor and push the button when you want to answer a call. I have 2 different ones and they both function pretty good.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That Chinese pos! Don't waist your time. There is many pages devoted to the install on that unit. In the end they are junk! If you read the entire thread you find that out. Also as posted above his only lasted 10 days. I pulled my head unit and bought a 1.5 to 1 size din dash insert to down size the hole for a regular single din head unit. $15 plus $5 for a harness plug so you can plug into your harness without cutting and connect the other end to the stereo. Install takes 20 mins. If you can't work a screwdriver and connect wires it takes 30 mins.
I also replaced all my speakers with new ones kept the stock wires and amp. Wow! What a difference. Don't bother waiting time on something that is going to fit in the stock dash. Take it from someone who has done this already. Pm me if you want any details.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone installed this. Was it plug and play like it looks and how well does it work.

http://maxtrons.com/product_detail.asp?id=950

I've had mine for about a year and it works great. I've had one issue where the Bluetooth cut out for about 30 minutes. after that, nothing wrong since. I love the Bluetooth function with my iPhone. Stream music from iPod or Pandora/iHeart radio.

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Chinese pos! Don't waist your time. There is many pages devoted to the install on that unit. In the end they are junk! If you read the entire thread you find that out. Also as posted above his only lasted 10 days. I pulled my head unit and bought a 1.5 to 1 size din dash insert to down size the hole for a regular single din head unit. $15 plus $5 for a harness plug so you can plug into your harness without cutting and connect the other end to the stereo. Install takes 20 mins. If you can't work a screwdriver and connect wires it takes 30 mins.
I also replaced all my speakers with new ones kept the stock wires and amp. Wow! What a difference. Don't bother waiting time on something that is going to fit in the stock dash. Take it from someone who has done this already. Pm me if you want any details.

Can you post which dash kit and harness you used?? There seems to be virtually no information about this stuff anywhere.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32