Radio Reception

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but my 94 & my 2000 RT both have terrible radio reception. Any of my other cars will have perfect reception in a given area and the vipers have static. I guess it's because of the windsheild antenna. Is there anything out there to boost the reception without installing another antenna on the car?
Thanks!

Reaction score
Martin, I guess that would make JPH a "Texas Radio Tuner"
laugh.gif
bounce.gif

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
01 GTS.Radio reception annoyingly bad especially when trying to listen to some classical pieces or an opera.Cd's sound great.Nothing better than criusing to Butterfly,Carmen etc.except maybe track driving to Wagner. Bruce

Todd Richmond

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Replace the stereo
smile.gif
I don't think the factory receiver (looks like an Alpine or copy) has great FM sensitivity. Sony, Pioneer and the latest high-end Blaupunkts have the best reception, but need new amps (or adaptors?). I'm not sure if Kenwood's DIN plug layout is the same. The windshield antenna will always limit your system though.

Replace the speakers while you are at it - the factory paper cones are weak. My Pioneer Premier head unit is significantly more sensitive

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
in my 2001 the reception is terrible too.
also if I listen to a cd say on 10 when you switch to fm
you can hear it and have to up the volume to around 13-15.
the radio quality *****.. let me know what remedy you find

thanks
JIM

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21