Ran a new Pontiac GTO last night

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran a stock 04 gto and same thing. Wasnt even a race. But it was fun to thrash him, and he wanted to see how he would do up against a viper.

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bo,
I understand your excitement. There's nothing like an awesome race. I get just as excited about someone else getting in a race as I do myself. I've been in many street races between cars and many bikes, but if it's not the proper timing I will never endanger anyone else. I know you're the same way, as well as most others on this site. Lets face it, we buy these cars for a reason. They're fast and a blast to drive. Otherwise we'd all be driving Chrysler 300C's.

BigDane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry the race between the supra and viper was real. There is two different threads right now. There is one on supraforums and one on the alley. Both drivers posting up and the guy in the viper got his ass handed to him.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry the race between the supra and viper was real. There is two different threads right now. There is one on supraforums and one on the alley. Both drivers posting up and the guy in the viper got his ass handed to him.

Hey if you put enough money into a Honda Civic, you can get it to kick a Viper's ass too...so what is your point? It will still always be a Supra, and never a Viper.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gavin,
How fast have you had your Viper on the street or highway? Just curious because if Bo did 1st, 2nd, and 3rd he hit about 115mph. I've come close to that in my Navigator.
If it's in a bunch of traffic that's one thing, but I open mine up all the time late in the evening on the interstate when there's no traffic.
And congrats Bo! I have a blue 06 GTO here with the LS2 in it. He has headers and exhaust with a supercharger. We lined up at 40mph and ran through the top of 4th. I won by 5 cars. He dyno'd at just under 500rwhp. Oh, thats right, it was on the track. :2tu:

Look I'm not having a go at a guy that is having an occassional, control blat in his high performance car - most folks are NOT idiots or Morons, and take a lot of care when setting up to have some fun( i.e they control the environment.)
My comments are directed at a guy that 'thought' he was in a race - give me a break - get real - get a life if any of you think that is racing - the behaviour is thoughtless and dangerous

Answer to your question - in my 96 GTS Venom- 150mph - 5am - four lane highway, no opposing traffic - no traffic period - felt like I was doing about 90, the car was so stable
My 2001GTS is not street legal - only drive it on track.

52 huh! - like I said - take it to Viperdays and you will quickly realize you don't have the skill set to race on track let alone 'think' you are racing on the street. My comments stand.
Oh yeh, I could care less about saving trees, if you can drive it, screw it (female), or fly it, I'm interested

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Btw, my new 96 put a beating on a 07 shelby that had been modified last night.

[/QUOTE]

Nice kill, but should they have been racing the Shelby so soon after modifying it ?

:laugh:

SnakeInTheGulf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm I missing something?

That's the difference?

Bo "I head out of town, with him still following me, to a long straigt deserted section of highway thats about 1 mile long."
later
" I look for the goat, can't see him, look in my rear view mirror about 3/4 of the way through 3rd and see himm falling farther behind. I'm not taking any chances so I don't lift yet. Finally as I'm ready for 4th gear he lets off & pulls behind me,"

Gavin " 150mph - 5am - four lane highway, no opposing traffic - no traffic period - felt like I was doing about 90, the car was so stable

My .02 your both well over 110 MPR on a public road, (you go to jail if you get caught) your both taken the same risk. I just don't see how one can say the other is wrong!

Bo, As for the GTO I know from experience they just want to race, (stock or not) my friend told my for three months, how bad he was going to pound me, after we took it to the track he has nothing to say!
NICE KILL!!!

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Btw, my new 96 put a beating on a 07 shelby that had been modified last night.

[/QUOTE]

Nice kill, but should they have been racing the Shelby so soon after modifying it ?

:laugh:

[/QUOTE]

I was shocked to even see one. I didn't know they were out yet.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to say that even entertaining the thought of racing a modern GTO...is embarrasing, the car looks like my 90 year old grandmother should be driving it. Lets atleast discuss Corvettes/Ferraris....After all that's why we bought our vipers...If we just wanted to have the fastest car for the least money we all would have went different routes...My .02.

BigDane

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey if you put enough money into a Honda Civic, you can get it to kick a Viper's ass too...so what is your point? It will still always be a Supra, and never a Viper.

Someone said it wasnt a real race, all I was doing was replying. Supra still has some status, Ive owned both and can tell you the supra gets almost as much attention. No need to hate because you make a whopping 400whp. I'd rather have a supra then a ****** green gen 1 anyday. HAHAHAHA. I see your escalade and 7 series so your obviously in to status and dont care a whole lot about going fast.

OP
OP
B

Bo knows

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gavin,

Why is it that you can go 150 MPH on a lonely, deserted , straight section of highway and it's ok, but if I go 115 MPH on a lonely, deserted, straight section of highway I'm an idiot??????? [******]!!

Bo

Landman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just for the record, I also love Supras and have owned a 93tt and a 95tt. Supra's are still my wifes favorite car over the Viper or our Diablo we had. They are very nice looking and driving cars. I love my Viper and don't plan to swap anytime soon! We all have our own tastes.
As for Gavin, I don't think this thread was started to become a bash fest. There's an old saying about people in glass houses.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Someone said it wasnt a real race, all I was doing was replying. Supra still has some status, Ive owned both and can tell you the supra gets almost as much attention. No need to hate because you make a whopping 400whp. I'd rather have a supra then a ****** green gen 1 anyday. HAHAHAHA. I see your escalade and 7 series so your obviously in to status and dont care a whole lot about going fast.

If you actually knew anything about a GEN 1 you would know that it puts out about 500 ft. lbs. stock to the rear wheels of torque, actually more than a GEN 2, I don't have a Viper because i am concerned about who is looking at me when I drive, I bought the car because I love the way it looks, and a GEN 1 Viper is the closest thing to a modern 427 Cobra that can be purchased. I am not hating on a Supra that has more HP than my Viper, I actually like Supra's very much, but it's not a Viper. If I didn't care about going fast I would not have bought a Viper. When i conduct business, I drive the 7, when it snows I drive the Escalade. Sorry if I offened you with my remarks, i am not here to make enemies, and sorry if you think my car is ******, everyone certianly has the right to their own opinon.

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just for the record, I also love Supras and have owned a 93tt and a 95tt. Supra's are still my wifes favorite car over the Viper or our Diablo we had. They are very nice looking and driving cars. I love my Viper and don't plan to swap anytime soon! We all have our own tastes.
As for Gavin, I don't think this thread was started to become a bash fest. There's an old saying about people in glass houses.

Wasn't "hating" as BIGDane would call it on Supras, i actually like them, but this is the Viper club, not the Supra club. I have owned many Japanese sports cars in the past and I respect them, again this is the Viper Club. I respect all sport/specialty cars. I apologize again if my remark was taken the wrong way.