Random Tech Catback

venom14

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Random Tech installed on a 97 gts with belanger headers and high flow cats. Not as load as Borla, but a nice deep sound. Nice quality with great looking tips.

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have one on my GTS with random tech high flow cats and stock headers. It's a little obnoxious(loud) but I like it.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have RT metal cats with borla headers and cat back sounds great(Loud). I live in Simi Valley, we can meet some where (Westoaks Dodge Sunday if it ever stops raining) and you can hear it live. Pm me if you want..

:usa:

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have them with Belanger headers and no cats. I think they can't be beat, especially for the money. They look and sound great.
Gary

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Deal: 99 R/T Stock Headers, Random Tech Hiflow cats and Catback. The quality of the stainless steel is a good
grade. I've had mine for two years and no issues.
Did I mention the Random Tech sounds awesome. I want to put Belanger headers to replace the stock, but I am concerned about changing the great note that I am getting out of them now. They have a deep mellow tone similar to the Borla but drone is down to a minimum during cruising speed because of the exhaust pulse cancellation effect of the X-Pipe.
It's loud at wide open throttle and nice mellow tone while cruising (just the way I like it).
If you get it, you should consider polishing out the stainless tips before the install. I polished out mine on the Viper but it would have been a lot easier doing it before the install. I trusted Jon B's (Partsrack) good word about this system and I am totally satisfied. The tips on this system also project out a little further than most other systems. This helps significantly in keeping the back of the car free of most of the exhaust deposits. (In other words the a s s of the car stays clean and thats what you want!)

MacManInfi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, I agree with all. I have the random tech hi-flow cats, silencers and cat back muffler delete. Awesome looking system, awesome sound. I love em!

SYNFULL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Deal: 99 R/T Stock Headers, Random Tech Hiflow cats and Catback. The quality of the stainless steel is a good
grade. I've had mine for two years and no issues.
Did I mention the Random Tech sounds awesome. I want to put Belanger headers to replace the stock, but I am concerned about changing the great note that I am getting out of them now. They have a deep mellow tone similar to the Borla but drone is down to a minimum during cruising speed because of the exhaust pulse cancellation effect of the X-Pipe.
It's loud at wide open throttle and nice mellow tone while cruising (just the way I like it).
If you get it, you should consider polishing out the stainless tips before the install. I polished out mine on the Viper but it would have been a lot easier doing it before the install. I trusted Jon B's (Partsrack) good word about this system and I am totally satisfied. The tips on this system also project out a little further than most other systems. This helps significantly in keeping the back of the car free of most of the exhaust deposits. (In other words the a s s of the car stays clean and thats what you want!)

Just wondering how you polish out the tips?
Thanks
Gary

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering how you polish out the tips?
Thanks

I first start wetsanding the surface with 600 grit then I go to 800 and then 1000. This is time consuming. The black waterproof sandpapers are used on the outside and inside lip of the tips. Then I apply "Brooklyn Ball Buster" metal polish sold at S&K Speed in Lindenhurst NY 631-957-9525.

Http://www.skspeed.com/viewpart.asp?sku=MASAPC&type_id=0

This is the best metal polish I have found to date. It works great on the stainless steel, even though it works best on aluminum. I applied the polish with a dremel at low RPM 2000 to 3000 range using a felt polishing tip. This part is very very time consuming. But the results are well worth it. Then if there are any swirls from polishing with the dremel I apply the Brooklyn Ball Buster with a terry cloth and polish by hand. I'll try to get a picture for you.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the pic. The inner lip is highly polished. I am still in the process of working the outer tips.
7328tips-med.jpg