Rating NE Ohio SRT Viper Dealers

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As noted in an earlier thread I had to contact a dealer to see if I had a active OBD code. I removed two visible codes with my personal scan tool, however, there was a debate on whether the SRT WItech scan tool was required to totally remove those codes. I want to emphasize that it was my totally myfault for the two codes, I removed the air cleaner and that set the code. That is no different then any new car with MAF control over the a/f. My turbo Solstice does the same thing. Why did I do it, I was drag racing and that is what I have always done, I had to see.

Here is where it get interesting, I started contacting dealers in NE Ohio to set up a ten minute visit for them to attach their Witech scan tool. There are three dealers within a forty mile radius. Here is the run down, the dealer calls were made on August 1st.

XX ED TOMKO CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE (Avon Lake, Ohio) - It was difficult to get by the first layer of help, but, I finally did reach a service person, his first comment was, "did you buy the car from us". I explained to him that when I put my order in (11/1/12) they were not an SRT viper dealer. He wanted to argue that they were. After pleading to get in to just attach their scan tool, he gave me a date - it was for August 26th. I said thank you and will never think of purchasing from them.

*** Fred Martin Superstore (Norton, Ohio) - I called twice and was told that service would get right back to me. I called a third time and was told them would get back to me tomorrow - to the best of my knowledge they still have not called back and it is a new week. Would you buy from a dealer like that?

**Brunswick Auto Mart (Brunswick, Ohio) - I called, and went right to service. The service manager that I was talking to had gone through the 2013 Viper training and he put his viper tech on the line. He also had gone through the 2013 viper training. I am set up to see them on Wednesday.

What is your opinion, which dealer would you select for future purchases?

The moral of the story, do not remove or swap you air cleaner element and research the service department before you make purchase decisions. If any of those three had been listed on the SRT site on 11/1, I probably would have purchased local, however, the Woodhouse experience has been exceptional.

Last edited: