rattle identified - easy fix suggestions

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All in all it's been 6 months of the most enjoyable driving of my life. That's how long I've had my Viper now. There were some quirks at first but they're all but gone now.

One of the lingering little annoyances is a sporatic "rattle" inside my RT/10. I'd look over at the passenger door thinking it may be the window out of line but that wasn't it. The rattle comes and gos but tonight I put my finger on it. - It's the interior rearview mirror! The oval mirror itself is rattling inside it's black plastic housing. I figured wedging something between the two would stop the rattle but there's not enough room. Knock on wood, I hope any future problems may be this minor. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks,

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vvvviper:
....One of the lingering little annoyances is a sporadic "rattle" inside my RT/10 - It's the interior rearview mirror! The oval mirror itself is rattling inside it's black plastic housing.... Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In addition to J$s extremely helful INPUT, just to stop the annoyance temporarily, I suggest a small bead of clear silicone sealer, or even a clear piece of tape like packing tape. That is, until your dealer can replace it under warranty.

Another source of mystery rattles is the E-brake button or internal cable....esp on Y2000.

Jerry Scott[CO]

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Another source for a rattle is the adjustable pedals. If you have them set anywhere in between the extreme limits of fully forward or fully back, the cams will rattle against the arms. This is especially true after the arm pivots have lost their original stiffness.
Jerry Scott

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte