re-attaching front fascia?

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do you get the christmas tree plugs back in that are under the headlights? They were hard enough to get out and I can't figure out how I will get them back in when ready to re-install.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
most people don't put them back in.
I am only using the center five upper and the lower ones in the middle. year and a half, so far so good.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definately kicks your ass. I just ended up messing with the side bars (ie the bars that hold the sides of the fascia) and have a nice tight fit around the headlights.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SNAKE BITE, Reach in through the fog light access, not hard at all from there.

They must be paint to get back out though!

I have had my fascia on/off quite a few times. Whether or not the plastic trees are under the headlights makes no difference in the fit and alignment of the fascia (atleast on my car). Leave them out, no one will ever know they are missing.

OP
OP
S

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need a better way to get the christmas tree plugs back in??? They are waaaayyyyy too hard to just push in. Any suggestions?

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most people take off the fascia with the Christmas Trees. I never use this method. The trees stay on...take the entire bumper off.

The fiberglas bumper is fully adujstable on slots and shims. Take the bumper off and put all the tress in before mounting it.

I am going to eventually do a write up on this. I took lots of pictures on my last install.

Does this make sense?

ultra88

Viper Owner
Reaction score
take the inner reinforcement bar off and mount it to the bumper cover,push in all the christmas tree plugs BEFORE you try and mount the bumper.
Install the front bumper as a complete assymbly...not just the cover...that way all your plugs are in. Thats how they do it at the factory....one complete unit,,,,outter cover and inner reinforcement bar all at once.

1MEANSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prince Frederick Maryland, On the Chesapeake Bay
SNAKE BITE, Reach in through the fog light access, not hard at all from there.

They must be paint to get back out though!

I have had my fascia on/off quite a few times. Whether or not the plastic trees are under the headlights makes no difference in the fit and alignment of the fascia (atleast on my car). Leave them out, no one will ever know they are missing.

John,

How about i come up there and you help me re-align my front bumper after i get it repainted. After getting it back from the UGR the bumper is a little loose so to speak (not tight fitting around headlights) since i got it back :D

I'll even cut you a nice deal on some black stripes :bonker: