Rear back-up camera would have been great option

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the rear back up camera screen from the new Audi R8. I would SO like to have that on my Viper. Would have been a great option to include with the GenIII.5

You must be registered for see images attach

By the way, does the new Viper have HID headlamps? If not Dodge should be ashamed of itself.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get an electronics guru to write or modify the appropriate software for an RB-1 unit, install camera, done! But then again people have said that I have too much imagination :smirk: .. but I do like to dig into these kind of opportunities.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For our el cheap-o Viper owners, Wal-Mart sells a backup camera and small monitor for $99.99. I thought about buying it just so I could see the looks on people faces when I blow past them going down the road :)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Link?

I met my last prom queen there.

Would love to ask about some "electronics" for my Viper.

I checked the website and didnt see it, but at my Wal-Mart they are in the same display that has the CD players. I met my last 2 gf's at Wal-Mart. The supply of hot chicks at Wal-Mart has dried up completely around here though. I may have to take a ride over to TX if you have prom queens at your Wal-Mart.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That R8 system is nice, same one we have in our Q7. Works great. But I dont think id add a hoaky Wal-mart aftermarket back monitor to a Viper. Besides, back camears are for trailers and S.U.V's, not sportscars.
Use your mirrors, become one with the car....use the force.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That R8 system is nice, same one we have in our Q7. Works great. But I dont think id add a hoaky Wal-mart aftermarket back monitor to a Viper. Besides, back camears are for trailers and S.U.V's, not sportscars.
Use your mirrors, become one with the car....use the force.

Holy stick shift!!! :omg:

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For our el cheap-o Viper owners, Wal-Mart sells a backup camera and small monitor for $99.99. I thought about buying it just so I could see the looks on people faces when I blow past them going down the road :)

don't! that thing is junk. i bought it and returned it ;)

steponz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Lexus has this...

Is a very nice feature..

I have an Alpine head unit that has the option to install the backup camera..
I will definitely putting it in.. Why risk it...

joe

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hands free parking would be nice like an Infagity. How about a hands free 11 sec pass at the strip????? Now that would be cool.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the rear back up camera screen from the new Audi R8. I would SO like to have that on my Viper. Would have been a great option to include with the GenIII.5

By the way, does the new Viper have HID headlamps? If not Dodge should be ashamed of itself.

Pretty hypocritical from people that came up with this commercial...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVaFbkg9jRs

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked the website and didnt see it, but at my Wal-Mart they are in the same display that has the CD players. I met my last 2 gf's at Wal-Mart. The supply of hot chicks at Wal-Mart has dried up completely around here though. I may have to take a ride over to TX if you have prom queens at your Wal-Mart.

Oh boy, have we got some prom queens for you over at our WalMart. If you like chicks from WalMart, there's a plenty over here!

Interestingly, I wonder what caused the drying up of hot chicks at your WalMarts? Is this a trend in the industry? Or have they all migrated to Target, like a seasonal flocking kind of phenomenon.

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And what's up with my sig showing enthusiast? I sold my 97 6 month's ago, and debating over this next year about a Gen III, or waiting a year and buying the Gen III.5.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
while I can't see a camera being included on a car that doesn't even have cruise control or power seats, they are pretty useful. I have on on my '07 Escalade and that thing works great! You wouldn't notice the camera lens if installed properly, it is very very tiny, just a dot. If you own a Blackberry Pearl, it is about the same size as the lens on the camera.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I remember back in the old days (Gen. I and Gen.II) when we only talked about power, speed, performance, and sought advice for an occasional problem or two. Nowadays, there are some wanting the add the luxurys of a luxury car to a street-legal race car. If I wanted a car with a camera I would have purchased an IS 350 and would have saved $50k in the process.

In the early to mid 90's, some argued against the addition of AC as standard equipment on the RT/10. I suppose that's what generation gaps could do to our ways of thinking.

OP
OP
PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you rag-top Gen III don't understand. What I'm saying is that in a GTS or Coupe YOU CAN"T SEE OUT THE BACK WHEN YOU ARE BACKING UP! Therefore the back-up camera would be a cool gizmo. Screw that traction control. Heck, take the ABS out. I just get tired of having to have a "spotter" when backing up (OK it's not THAT bad, but visibility out the rear is difficult on the coupes).

Last edited:

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score

QUOTE]

Please tell me your kidding. I get so tired of people buying vipers then wanting them to be a vette, BMW or Ferrari.
It's just ********!

A Viper is a primal brute. It relies on a competent driver, sticky tires a crazy amounts of TQ to beat down it's victim It is driven on the street on it's way to the race track glory...nothing more. This is not a "Gee look at me I'm a wannabe rich yuppy mo-bile" This is a working man's battle ax.

Take your T/C, Active Handling, Paddle shifting, HID, HUD, backup camera, Then do us a favor, sell your viper, and get a vette. I'm sure you will love the H.U.D.

But one thing is for sure, you don't belong in a viper.
Really if you are not comfy using rear view mirror, maybe you shouldn't be driving a Viper....or any car for that matter.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe you rag-top Gen III don't understand. What I'm saying is that in a GTS or Coupe YOU CAN"T SEE OUT THE BACK WHEN YOU ARE BACKING UP! Therefore the back-up camera would be a cool gizmo. Screw that traction control. Heck, take the ABS out. I just get tired of having to have a "spotter" when backing up (OK it's not THAT bad, but visibility out the rear is difficult on the coupes).

I back my viper into the garage without a spotter just fine.

Maybe you just need to drive arould the block a few times in "R".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi