Rear back-up camera would have been great option

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember back in the old days (Gen. I and Gen.II) when we only talked about power, speed, performance, and sought advice for an occasional problem or two. Nowadays, there are some wanting the add the luxurys of a luxury car to a street-legal race car. If I wanted a car with a camera I would have purchased an IS 350 and would have saved $50k in the process.

In the early to mid 90's, some argued against the addition of AC as standard equipment on the RT/10. I suppose that's what generation gaps could do to our ways of thinking.

I can remember when the wheel was invented. Before that everyone walked.

Lets start over and everyone just walk OK?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:eater:

OP
OP
PhoenixGTS

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please tell me your kidding. I get so tired of people buying vipers then wanting them to be a vette, BMW or Ferrari. It's just ********!

But one thing is for sure, you don't belong in a viper.

Really if you are not comfy using rear view mirror, maybe you shouldn't be driving a Viper....or any car for that matter.
Wow. You are really an a$$h_le. I drive a 1998 GTS with no ABS and love it. Don't you dare challenge my love of a car whose only nod to modern technology is fuel injection you sanctimonious . . . . Heck, I don't even turn my radio on anymore when I'm driving my car.

Not sure how all of you haters think not wanting to back into anything in a darkly tinted Viper Coupe is somehow related to traction control. Give it a rest.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disturbed you need to watch the personal attacks. We're all Viper lovers here. Just because someone has an opinion on something that you disagree with is no cause to go telling them they're not worthy of a Viper. Be a little more respectful/tactful please.

Phoenix..well, while I may agree with your sentiment, you know what they say about arguing on the internet.

Please keep it civil guys. Thanks.

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my buddy has a rear backup display on his lp640 egear roadster, and since the car sits so low, you can only see 5-15 ft behind you. I wouldn't put one on any manual car, just more of a distraction.

BLWNASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By your own statement you are no longer a "Viper Owner"
Yeah, that is the obvious, but enthusiast c'mon. I had mine for a couple of years. How about previous 800 rwhp monster!!

All joke's aside. Vipers are about motoring experience with massive torque and power. It takes time and experience too drive one well. And this 08' is going to be the pinnacle because it's still somewhat "basic" to the Viper roots. If the program continues they will have to get into traction control just to have a chance at managing the power. "They" I mean buy the majority of the buying public. I hope to buy an 08" in the coming years, but I probably will get to ansy and buy a gen III next year.

I love what how Vipers drive and what they mean to all of us who participate in the experience of a great automotive accomplishment. :)

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm all for improvements like better handling/ABS, more power ect.. but back up cam's? Thats a bit too:

You must be registered for see images

For Vipers.