Rear Tire pressure

03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently purchased an 03 SRT with Corsa track exhaust and the roller rocker kit and I'll be honest I can't get these rear tires to hook up for a good launch. Any suggestions on tire pressure?? I'm located in Maryland so it's cold this time of year. Thanks. 03SRT

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get rid of the runflats for starters. Go to an oem nonrunflat. There was a post earlier this week on wheel hop. Did you read that? Go for a custom alignment, this will help.

Skip White

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Cold weather makes runflats even worse. As the VCA group stated last weekend, this is a traction limited car. I'm working on the same issues. Sure wish there was a 19 inch tire with good traction and speed rating. Any suggestions are welcome.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure there is a non-runflat out there by Michelin, Pirreli, etc. Go to Tirerack and check out the specs and sizes.

Skip

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michelin does make tires front and rear for the SRT10 that are nonrunflats. They are available at the Tire Rack. They make a huge difference in the handeling of the car. Last year I bought 18" wheels for the car so I could run nonrunflat tires because Michelin didn't offer the 19" as nonrunflat. Then low and behold they started offering the nonrunflats. Thats the curse of being the first one to put your car on the race track and finding out what needs to be changed. But the car does look better with the 18" gunmetal SX3R Forgeline wheels. Down side, you have to modify the emergency brake set up so that the 18" wheels will fit on the rear of the car or go without an emergency brake.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtoce1