Rear Wing Feedback

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am interested in any feedback on track data for Autoform’s rear wing. Can you feel its effect, what speeds does it begin to apply down force. I don’t really like the looks, so it would just be for track events. Hopefully it’s not just for show

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had an Autoform wing and splitter on my car for two years. As I have become a better driver I can really notice the effects of the down force with their wing. Recently I was at VIR for Viper Days. Entering the upper esses at 120 MPH would not be possible without some serious down force from the Autoform wing. It is very adjustable to increase the angle if desired. I can't imagine why you would ever need to use it in the highest angle. Remember if you ad down force to the rear you should also add it to the front of the car, which means using Autoforms splitter. I get many compliment about how the car looks. Even Comp Coupe owners keep thinking my car is a CC as it is coming down the straight aways. There is no techincal data as far as actual downforce numbers available for any of the wings available on the market. The testing is just TOO expensive. So I guess you have to take the word of those of us that have been using Autoforms wing, in the two years I have had it on my car I would guess I have put somewhere around 5,000 miles on the car at various tracks around the country. I feel it works well. If you don't like the look for street it can be removed with a screw driver in less than five minutes. But I think once you put it on and drive around you will get so many compliments you won't want to take it off. Autoform has a very high quality wing, excellent workman ship and grweat finish. They are working on a Comp Coupe type wing for the SRT so you might want to wait, but you can't go wrong with the current product.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't like the look for street it can be removed with a screw driver in less than five minutes.

What is left when you remove the wing? What plugs the holes?

Is the front splitter easy to install and remove?

I'm interested in increasing downforce at the track and at open road events, but don't like the look for general driving. If the wing and splitter are easily removable, I think they would go high on my list of modifications.

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is a picture of what is left when you take the wing off. This bracket remains on the car, and does not interfere with the deck lid at all. The front splitter should not take more than 10-15 minutes to install. Once you get used to what size wrench you need, you should be able to have it on and off with in 5 minutes. The front splitter does not require any drilling into the car. It attaches in the front wheels well, via an ABS cut out you receive with your order. Steve has driven an SRT with our products more than anyone else, on the track. He is the best person to get an opinion about the downforce. If you have any more questions, please call me. We have lowered the price of the SRT splitters, they are $1100.00 right now.

Tony Hall
Autoform Development
616-392-4909

8409DSC00646-med.JPG

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Tony for the information.

I understand that you are working on a Comp Coupe type wing.

What about a Comp Coupe type front splitter? Is that also in the works?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960