Received the VCA membership "pitch letter" today.

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Received the VCA membership "pitch letter" today. Surely those that received this letter will find that it raised more questions than it answered. Much of its 10 pages was an apparent attempt to discredit the new VOA and its founders. It seems rather unlikely that the recent botched raffle nor this letter will bode well for the VCA in its latest quest to raise additional money but time will tell.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It's no different that the political ads that run on TV all the time. Each side is going to try to discredit the other to try to win/keep members. I don't really care for it either way as I'm sure most people are equally annoyed by such ads. Either way, it's in the members' hands now, re-up if you want to stay or go with a different club, your choice, no point beating the horse anymore.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
My choice is NOT to send any cash to the VOA or the VCA, Im done with all the BS!!!!!

That thought strongly crossed my mind earlier this morning as well. I still have my Viper friends, with or without a club.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read the letter.

I will not be renewing my sponsorship here, for 2014. Nor will I be renewing my VCA Venom membership.

The letter is disgraceful and desperate. Any successful business person knows that you should not speak negatively of your "competition", but instead, should list the merits and benefits of your own product or company. This letter speaks volumes about the lack of leadership that allowed that letter to be issued. It reeks of wasting energy trying to seek revenge, instead of focusing on what this business is. It is a CAR CLUB. Why would anyone choose to remain within a car club that elects to prolong drama and internal politics? This is too much.

Another reason that I will be leaving the VCA, is due to the trolls that are allowed to run rampant here. Especially the trolls within the Gen 5 forum. The Gen 5 owners and shoppers can't even make a post, without these trolls stepping in and $hitting all over the thread. This is unacceptable. This is a VIPER forum, and people should be welcome to discuss Viper topics without the trolls interfering.

Tony

OP
OP
S

SnakeEye

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's no different that the political ads that run on TV all the time. Each side is going to try to discredit the other to try to win/keep members. I don't really care for it either way as I'm sure most people are equally annoyed by such ads. Either way, it's in the members' hands now, re-up if you want to stay or go with a different club, your choice, no point beating the horse anymore.

Although you're from Kansas, surely you know there's a difference. ;)

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There you have it..... The lack of professionalism in that letter put the "nail in the coffin" for the VCA IMO. I can't believe someone took the time to write that letter nor can I believe the board approved it for distrubution....wow. Maybe someone thought it would juice up VPA sales. :rolleyes:

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Although you're from Kansas, surely you know there's a difference. ;)

I've heard both sides of alot of the stuff going on and am equally disappointed. I've heard stories of how some people backed the intial letter to Chrysler and then turned tail and blamed the same people they supported and the stories of the people snubbed by the club for stupid little stuff and basically shunned for no good reason. Both situations are equally sad, but both sides have their merits as well. Republicans want to lower taxes, Democrats want to offer more goverment services. Both sides have good points and have done equally bad stuff too. Granted in this case I can choose to support both or neither with a potential membership, but all I see is a lot of finger pointing and promises, and we know how much politicians like their promises (on both sides).

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, went to read the letter on the Alley ( kind of sad that if we need info, the alley is the place to go). The VCA board must be pretty desperate to resort to such tactics. Pretty "scummy" in my book. That said I will not join the new club because my issues with the VCA has always been the lack of freedom of opinion and the fact that the club has been run not for the benefit of viper owners/members but rather for the benefit of a few insiders. And you know what? most of the board on the new club were part of those insiders for years and did NOTHING to change the club. Now, a new club with board members that would have never been VCA national officers? I would already have been signed up

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read the letter.

I will not be renewing my sponsorship here, for 2014. Nor will I be renewing my VCA Venom membership.

The letter is disgraceful and desperate. Any successful business person knows that you should not speak negatively of your "competition", but instead, should list the merits and benefits of your own product or company. This letter speaks volumes about the lack of leadership that allowed that letter to be issued. It reeks of wasting energy trying to seek revenge, instead of focusing on what this business is. It is a CAR CLUB. Why would anyone choose to remain within a car club that elects to prolong drama and internal politics? This is too much.

Another reason that I will be leaving the VCA, is due to the trolls that are allowed to run rampant here. Especially the trolls within the Gen 5 forum. The Gen 5 owners and shoppers can't even make a post, without these trolls stepping in and $hitting all over the thread. This is unacceptable. This is a VIPER forum, and people should be welcome to discuss Viper topics without the trolls interfering.

Tony

AMEN. (and good riddance)

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with you on this one, Buddy. Art
I guess we'll just have to get together and have fun without all the BS.

Well, I tried to quote Cubican, but it didn't work. There are a lot of good people in the N. Tx. club that I would hope would still like to get together for fun times.

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read the letter.

Tony

+1 Well stated!!

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
. And you know what? most of the board on the new club were part of those insiders for years and did NOTHING to change the club. Now, a new club with board members that would have never been VCA national officers? I would already have been signed up
The board was lied to and mislead for YEARS. Once some of the directors knew what was going on some of them did try and make some changes and they were banned for it. Read the part in the renewal letter where there was an "illegal" meeting with a vote to get rid of Lee. That was people acting.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who is the SRT factory and Ralph backing VCA or VOA?
And is VOA even up and running?

FOViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who is the SRT factory and Ralph backing VCA or VOA?
And is VOA even up and running?

Yes, they have a full site up and running. I don't want to post the link and get banned. SRT will be staying away from the mess for a little while I would think

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Also seems to be a direct link to the discontent with the changes in the bylaws that were rammed through.

Any update on when the new bylaw changes and vote for board members will happen?

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it was a close friend of mine who wrote that letter, so I'll be careful in what I say.

I think VCA should just ignore VOA. VCA should just take the higher ground, and keep moving forward.

I don't really care about the money, the dues aren't much more than a tank of gas in my Jeep.

The good news, as far as I know, is that our SoCal club will try to stick together.

Dividing the club is like a church split. All you end up with are two groups of divisive people, each with the same problems they had before.

~Jay

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I think it was a close friend of mine who wrote that letter, so I'll be careful in what I say.

I think VCA should just ignore VOA. VCA should just take the higher ground, and keep moving forward.
I don't really care about the money, the dues aren't much more than a tank of gas in my Jeep.

The good news, as far as I know, is that our SoCal club will try to stick together.

Dividing the club is like a church split. All you end up with are two groups of divisive people, each with the same problems they had before.

~Jay

Bingo, I was hoping all this mess was finally done with. Kind of sad to see it brought back up since things had died down there for a while. Let others do what they want and keep moving ahead. The Alley and the Garage have existed for a long time without the kind of strife going on.

MikeG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With the last Magazine I recently received, also was enclosed a memo advising me that my renewal was coming due. So of course, I was prepared to respond in kind, upon receiving my expected renewal email. When it came, and upon reading it, I was almost blown out of my socks. It is one of the most unprofessional renewal notices anyone can conceive of. I'm absolutely shocked, given all the recent ongoing and past issues, most of which have been less than favorable to the club . Not at all what I would expect from a professional organization such as what the VCA professes to be. After reading it, I put my check book away. I will not be renewing. How could I? After reading the renewal letter, which is something all together different and very much on the "Dark Side", there is no way I can justify morally, being associated with the VCA henceforth.
And I've been neutral and never had a dog in this fight ..... until now.

I don't know where I will go. But it occurred to me, that I had a life before the VCA, and I'm sure I'll land on my feet. I've got my car, and I've got my friends, which of course includes other Viper owners. I'm sure all will be okay. After this most recent debacle, I don't know if the same can be said for the VCA.

If the VCA ever had a chance of saving face and rebounding, they just threw it all into the dust bin. Unbelievable.

Renew? You have to be kidding.

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How big is the gas tank in your Jeep? It must be huge to hold $115-$150 worth of gas, even at today's prices.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How big is the gas tank in your Jeep? It must be huge to hold $115-$150 worth of gas, even at today's prices.

At 12 MPG, Not big enough!

Last night I put $87 into it. Not too long ago I put just over $100 into it. If I were to find myself on E while in downtown LA where gas is $5 per gallon, then I could take well over $100.

That's why I use the Viper for road trips, it gets better mileage ;)

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE BS HAS TO STOP!!!!! Why was that letter sent out? Im done with the VCA or the VOA(viper alley 2.0). I was ready to suport and renew the vca venom membership till that letter hit my inbox last night. till I see who SRT will suport Im sticking with all my great frinds in north Texas!!!! Cheers Pedro

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THE BS HAS TO STOP!!!!! Why was that letter sent out? Im done with the VCA or the VOA(viper alley 2.0). I was ready to suport and renew the vca venom membership till that letter hit my inbox last night. till I see who SRT will suport Im sticking with all my great frinds in north Texas!!!! Cheers Pedro
I'd guess SRT has chosen its horse already

You must be registered for see images attach

Unsure why the VCA wrote a 10 page letter over spilled milk. They forgot to include a reason why anyone should rejoin.

Gustfront

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Interesting letter and side notes for sure. Politics runs rampant but I did renew my membership for 2014.

From what I can tell, the Houston VCA is no more come Jan 1. Looks like you will be the only Houston Viper owner paying the VCA.
I was actually on the fence till I read that letter(email) today. I will be joining the Houston VOA chapter/club whenever the official opening is announced.

Wade,
09 Viper ACR owner

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The board was lied to and mislead for YEARS. Once some of the directors knew what was going on some of them did try and make some changes and they were banned for it. Read the part in the renewal letter where there was an "illegal" meeting with a vote to get rid of Lee. That was people acting.
You are pretty new to the club, as you can see i have known/be a member of the VCA since 2000.
Those peoples KNEW the big picture, that censorship was a daily occurrence and the way the club was run, maybe not all the details of a specific issue/problem/deal but the big picture ? for sure.
Once again those peoples did nothing to stop censorship and they knew about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh