Red with Silver Stripes or Silver with Blue Stripes?

KIHMO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After I get rid of my Lightning I plan to buy a 99 GTS. I'd like to know that your opinions are of Red/Silver and Silver/Blue. I like the Red because it seems to jump out at you, more noticeable. I don't like it because I keep reading about the unwanted attention you get from police. I like the silver because there weren't that many Silver/Blue produced. I don't like it because from the pictures I've seen and by comparison to other colors the silver seems like it blends in with it's surroundings. With this particular year my only other choice is Black/Silver but I don't want Black. My truck is black, looks as good as any other when clean but no matter what I do it shows scratches in the clear coat and every dust particle within a one mile radius wants to have a party on it. It's making me crazy!!! Hopefully Red or Silver will help hide the problems with Black. Opinions please...
You must be registered for see images attach

CAP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhhhhh... Guess which I prefer. Any Viper catches an inordinate amount of attention. Choose the color you prefer. They all look good to me.
cool.gif

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 98 is silver only, it gets plenty of attention,then again its a viper. go with what you like I wish i had the silver with blue stripes i absolouely love it. Good luck either way.

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
red is similar to black with showing swirls, dust etc. hard to keep clean. i love my red car but i like the rareness and stealthyness of silver with blue stripes (as if a viper could be stealthy). my $.02.

jason

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think Silver with Blue is stealthy at all. I definitely notice a Silver and Blue when I spy one on the road. Of course, I am biased because I love that color combo and would have chosen it if it was available the year I bought.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well,

I think you know my opinion. I do like the Red/Silver as well. You can't go wrong either way.... I will say this, though. THIS CAR SHOWS NO DIRT. Swirls are almost impossible to see, except under florescent lighting. Even under florescent lighting they can be eliminated with some swirl remover (3M) and a Porter Cable. Seems to be a few months swirl free before you start noticing them again. At that point, a filler usually does the trick (Zaino or Klasse). I also don't see ANY orange peel in the paint. Other color Vipers I have noticed orange peel, although very, very little. Not sure if the 'no orange peel' is due to the color of paint, or just when/how it was painted and conditions. Maybe I just got lucky? Anyway, here is a low-res pick.

Bottom line: Go with your gut...

Later

OP
OP
K

KIHMO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input.

onerareviper

Thanks for posting that picture. I've seen very few pictures of Vipers with the Silver/Blue combo and none seem to do the car much justice. Yours on the other hand looks really good. Knowing that Silver does not show dirt and scratches as well as darker colors will play a big part in my decision. If you (OR ANY OF YOU OTHER OWNERS) have more pictures you wouldn't mind letting me see please post or e-mail them.

2tall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Though as I posted before, it's not my #1 (tied for #2) favorite color (blue/white is #1 Sapphire/silver ties for #2); I picked Red/silver over Blue/silver because it was easier to keep clean (or so I thought -- seems fine but based on the comment above I'll keep a close eye for swirls...). I like the stand out factor of the Red too.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with the ultra cool and rare 2002 (with ABS) red with white stripes Final Edition. Production should start in a couple weeks.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by C O D Y on 04-23-2002 at 01:13 AM</font>

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, I have silver rt/10, and it does amazingly well at concealing dirt buildup. Mine's a daily driver, so unlike the garage queens you see here, dirt buildup matters. I'm a black car kind of guy (had a black 99 gt, now have a black f150 supercrew), but when I was searching for a used viper, I didn't limit myself by color, and I have been happy with the silver.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
KIHMO,

This is probably my favorite picture of a Silver/Blue. It is the avatar of Keith Verges. The Silver/Blue looks even better at sunrise/sunset and night-time.

00000012.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc