Redoing Seats/ Shipping

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purchased the car with tan seats which the previous owner had done instead of the original black. After a long attempt in trying to locate new to excellent condition seats or covers, I have just decided to have them redone in black. I will be having Venzano Leather doing the work. I went with leather center with vinyl bolsters. I would love to have the entire seat in genuine leather however the price difference is significant for my little pockets. Just wanted to get your thoughts on the finish. I just wanted something that looked stock, nothing fancy.

Did a search and it looks like only four bolts are holding the seats in so removal shouldn’t be too hard. For those who have shipped seats out, what do you recommend for shipping prep. The last time I shipped a large package was a set of rims and it was a nightmare dealing with UPS damaging them and not wanting to pay for the repair. Thanks.

George

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think if it was me I would just cover them with trash bags and strap them to a pallet then call UPS freight.
Then when they are finished on there way back I would think Venzano would have boxes to put them in?

When you get them done you better post pics and pm me the cost because I hear they will be high dollar.
I want to see if its worth it.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before you ship them out, check out this guy down in Pittsboro, NC. I've seen his work and it is stunning. And depending on where you're located, it probably isn't too bad of a road trip. Plus dealing with someone in person is always better...

http://jngcreations.com/site/index.php?page=4

And he may be cheaper, so maybe full leather is in your Viper's future.

gutterworks129

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Before you ship them out, check out this guy down in Pittsboro, NC. I've seen his work and it is stunning. And depending on where you're located, it probably isn't too bad of a road trip. Plus dealing with someone in person is always better...

http://jngcreations.com/site/index.php?page=4

And he may be cheaper, so maybe full leather is in your Viper's future.
Craig is right, I have seen that burnt orange car in person and the interior super nice.

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I will get pics up once they are done.

Dave, do the Uhaul boxes ship ground? Trying to avoid freight if I can.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are looking for Congac I just listed a pair in the classifieds. I don't think the add is approved yet but they are in really nice shape

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seats are on their way. The Uhaul wardrobe boxes were perfect. Looking forward to getting them back in black.

Last edited:

Leatherman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know why you are being told that full leather is too expensive there must be another reason why Venzano prefer vinyl bolsters. By my calculation the actual cost of the leather for the bolsters compared to leather would only add on about USD80.00 for both seats. I ship automotive leather to a wholesaler in the States and could put you in touch with him. One hide should be enough for both seats. PM me if interested

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an update. I thought I would share some pics Tony sent me this morning of the completed seats. I am very pleased with how they came out and can’t wait to see them in person. You can tell from the pics that the leather sits nice and tight. I wanted the OEM look but better quality craftsmanship and that is what Tony delivered.

Pics:
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is how the car looked before with the tan seats the previous owner had done, hideous.

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had the day off and installed the seats. Came out nice and match perfect.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They look very nice indeed! I keep looking at the rather tired seats in my gen 1 and wonder about what will fit as a swap.... Guess it's time to search a bit and see what's out there and what others have done with gen 1 seats. I like the black leather and would dump the original grey in a minute if those seats would fit in my car! Like I said, time for some fact finding...

Then again, black leather in a ******* car that's usually driven in the summer heat my not be the wisest choice.... humm

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! Did you end up going with the leather center and pleather bolsters?

Carmaker

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The seats look great! We had Tony redo the entire interior of our 2008 Viper Violet Coupe with a Plum Crazy interor and it looks awesome. His work is the best I ave evr seen. He is truely a artist when it comes to Viper interiors.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is the leather solid or is it perforated? Also, was the netting on the front of the seat cushion replaced or is that the original netting? Thanks.

OP
OP

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks!

Is the leather solid or is it perforated? Also, was the netting on the front of the seat cushion replaced or is that the original netting? Thanks.

The leather is solid, unlike the OEM seats with the perforated holes. The netting on the front of the seat cushion was replaced and matches with the original located above the arm rest.

If you don't mind sharing what was the final bill?

Feel free to give Tony a call for any pricing inquires or just general questions. He is a real nice guy and takes the time to explain and answer any questions you have in regards to the Viper and custom leather work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala