Reformed Porsche Owner Just Got Bit

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AJ , cool boat . Bob is having a hard time now , but I'm sure he'll get through these trying times.I'd like to go DS next year without my boat though.Check out the sound of Terry's OL .You may have seen it at DS. He broke down before the run .
The sound is fantastic>
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-0ImeDz40c[/media]

This is one of the poker run guy's Eliminator with twin Ilmors t from Washington state .He comes to our Harrison Lake PR .

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
A

Adrenaline Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AJ , cool boat . Bob is having a hard time now , but I'm sure he'll get through these trying times.I'd like to go DS next year without my boat though.Check out the sound of Terry's OL .You may have seen it at DS. He broke down before the run .
The sound is fantastic>
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-0ImeDz40c[/media]

This is one of the poker run guy's Eliminator with twin Ilmors t from Washington state .He comes to our Harrison Lake PR .

You must be registered for see images

Yeah, it's sad to see Leach having to endure such a rough time - they make a great product - I've been very happy with this Elim, it's my 2nd from him.

I hadn't seen either of those boats before - and could tell out of the gate that that OL didn't have vipers in it :) They sound so different than the Big Blocks....but still get the blood pumping when you hear either.

OP
OP
A

Adrenaline Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense meant, I just figured that one of two things would result. Either he created a monster and he wouldn't see it for hours, (which apparently did occur) or she would wrap it around the nearest vertical object. (thankfully this did not occur!) It wasn't a dig against women, I'd actually like to get my wife involved, but she refuses to drive the thing!

If my wife would tolerate honey hungry ******** (which according to your signature line, is possible), I'd buy her any Viper she wanted :D

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrenaline ******,
If you want the best of both worlds, get a new ACR. Car will handle better than the Porsche and outrun virtually anything on the road or track.
PAvenomRT/10
2009 ACR:drive:

OP
OP
A

Adrenaline Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrenaline ******,
If you want the best of both worlds, get a new ACR. Car will handle better than the Porsche and outrun virtually anything on the road or track.
PAvenomRT/10
2009 ACR:drive:

I haven't even gotten through my first tank of gas in this SRT - I plan to enjoy this one for at least a little while -but some day, who knows?

I just read Motor Trends review on the 2009 ACR - pretty impressive.

It's hard to believe something handling better than my TT - if I experienced such a thing, the consquences would lead my wife to believe I was having an affair.:cool:

Hopefully I'll see/hear an ACR up close at a spring event.

Ronvpr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same thing happend to me in 1999. I had a 1986 Turbo 930 Porsche. Got walked by a Viper GTS. Next week sold the 930 and bought a 96 GTS coupe. Never looked back. Never regreted it either.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phun's ok... He explained himself... The women here will let him live this time... LOL

AJ how's it going with your new beast?

OP
OP
A

Adrenaline Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phun's ok... He explained himself... The women here will let him live this time... LOL

AJ how's it going with your new beast?

Diggin' it for sure. Major disappointment has been the horrible weather we've had in the northeast here since Labor day. I can't remember it being this wet in the fall here in a long time. We had one nice weekend (last weekend), but I was in Canada Thurs-Mon for my son's hockey tourney, while my snake sat in the garage at home (haven't figured out how to fit a hockey goalie bag and stick in this car yet :)

So, since I purchased the car a few weeks back - I've managed to burn only one tank of gas...bummer.

The one thing I have noticed, is the population here often mistakes this car for a vette (since they are everywhere!!!) - the schooled auto officianados recognize the uniqueness of the car and give props big time right away, but most glance quick and just figure it's just some other middleaged western NY Italian guy out for a cruise in his Vette- even though I'm rarely mistaken for an Italian guy. :cool: I've even had more than one of my own friends say "heh, did you buy a new Vette?" - friggin' dopes. :confused: - probably due to years of over marinating their noggins with eccentric substances.

The TT and my MXT have such different form factors that even the average Janes/Joes realize something unique is going on when they see it, even if they don't know what it is.....but for the past 3 weeks the TT and MXT have been in the garage on any sunny days while the SRT has been getting the seat time.

So, while becoming a Viper owner was not one of my better planned events (almost happened by accident) - I am certainly feeling fortunate it did happen.

Now, if this monsoon season would cease before the arctic squalls begin, I'd be really happy, so maybe I could burn my 2nd tank of gas.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235