Remote Key Alarm

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the two car remotes I have for my 01 GTS is dead.

Two questions:
1.) Is this something a dealership can take care of (a dead battery)? I would like to do it myself, but unit seems to be hermetically sealed and I would probably screw-up some programming.

2.) Ignorant question - Would it be covered under the regular car bumper-to-bumper warranty?

Thanks!

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the top of the Fob near the ring. There is a slot that you can slide a flat head into to open the unit up. You can get a battery from Walmart or some similar store. The "replacement battery number is 2032" <-- taken out of the manual. (Yeah, I read the manual. Flame away)

OP
OP
N

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don:
Just wanted you to now that I picked-up a replacement battery (#2032) from CVS for $3.99 + sales tax.
It took me all of 2 minutes to open it up. replace the battery and close it again.
I went to the Viper, pointed the remote at the viper, pressed both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously until the horn sounded (under 10 seconds) and badda bing badda boom..it worked.
I am good to go...thanks you very much again!!!
Tim

Don

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your very welcome Tim! I hope the weather is as nice in NJ as it is in CO today [2/17/03]. It's a good day for a drive ;)