Removing a side exhaust cover on a 96 RT/10

Rocketman66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it difficult? After spending countless hours this winter cleaning the underside, I noticed a dent under one of the side panels. (passenger side) Is it hard to remove or repair?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very easy. A 10 minute job. On the top there are several screws (4) under plastic caps that are under the door (when closed). There are 2 on the top under the hood and 5 underneath. Just be careful when tightening so you do not strip them. If you do ther is a "how to" to put in inserts.

My counts are from memory so I could be off, or you could have already lost some.

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use two credit cards under the plastic caps to squeeze together and remove.

Once screws are removed, use plyers or screwdriver and hammer or whatever to flatten the holes. Then dab a qtip of por15 on the holes.

Buy the new grey screws if you have an old one with the black ones, the grey ones are protected with a coating.

To reinstall the screws, use a screwdriver with socket, do not overtighten, only use two fingers or you will easily strip the screw right out. Use high temp low strength locktite with this method and they won't back out.