Removing Front Fascia on 95 RT/10

MAMBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm removing the side exhaust covers and the front fascia to prep and re-paint. I've got the exhaust covers removed and all the bolts and fasteners from the front fascia. Since the sides of the fascia are wrapped around the side supports, what is the best way to remove it. Obviously, I don't want to damage it. Is there anything else I have to remove except the retaining bolts in front of the tires, all those on the underside, and the 6 or 7 push pins just under the front of the hood?
Thanks.

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I've got the same car and actually delivered my fascia and side sills to the paint shop this week.

As far as the push pins is concerned :
- there's 6 of them just under the hood, top of the fascia;
- there's 4 of them in front of the oil cooler (top side of air inlets, 2 on each side);
- last but not least, there is one on each side just underneath the headlights. You will only notice these ones once you start peeling off the fascia. Good luck with those ones. I removed them 2 weeks ago and totally cut open my arm (got stuck between the fascia and the headlight).

I am not looking forward to the installation process.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny, I've got the same car and actually delivered my fascia and side sills to the paint shop this week.

As far as the push pins is concerned :
- there's 6 of them just under the hood, top of the fascia;
- there's 4 of them in front of the air cooler (top side of air inlets, 2 on each side);
- last but not least, there is one on each side just underneath the headlights. You will only notice these ones once you start peeling off the fascia. Good luck with those ones. I removed them 2 weeks ago and totally cut open my arm (got stuck between the fascia and the headlight).

I am not looking forward to the installation process.

When you re-install, make sure to use a large blanket to protect the paint from the ground while putting it on. :)

Reaction score
And.....forget about re-installing those "christmas trees" under the headlights. :) Saves you from getting all bloody the next time (and there will be a next time). :) The lack of those two trees has no effect on the fascia (just my observation).

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why remove the push pins,I just remove the 4 bolts holding the support bar and take the whole assembly off as one unit.

Skeeter

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
When taking the fascia off, you need to pull gently to get the fasica off the front core support or wheel well. The fascia will strecth a tad bit. Make sure they put flex additive in the fasica...otherwise you will have paint that will crack and chip real easy,. Take your hood off, it make the job a lot easier!

OP
OP
M

MAMBA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should I disconnect the wiring to the fog lights and side markers before removing the fascia or can I disconnect them after I get the fascia off?

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
disconnect them before you take the fascia off...You will need someone to help hold the fascia..otherwise you take a chance of yanking out the wires.