Replaced 20k miles mounts

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah I've notice my shifter been moving alot every time I give it gas. It was just getting worst the pass 200miles.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yep thats the driver side. And no I didn't rip it apart just holding that lil bit of rubber:lmao:. I like to thanks Mark from woodhouse and got to ship me new engine mounts and trans mount overnight. It feels way better then the first day that I picked it up.

It Improve my shifting (was commonly missing 3rd gear). Feel more of a kick when floored. And can feel more shaking from the 10 pounders:D

What *****... Alot harder to install than the older gens. And for those that don't like much shaking then maybe you shouldn't have got a viper in the first place;)

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long lost cousin in Texas seeks Gen 3 blood relative from cheese country...

You must be registered for see images

Yup, Woodhouse took care of my Gen 2 and those mounts just rock.

OP
OP
C

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lol I was gonna claim it under warrenty since its still vaild. But I don't wanna replace it again. So just went poly right away

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't your dealer replace the mounts with the ones you brought in and do the labor under warranty? That would seem like a reasonable thing to do. I've even heard that the Woodhouse mounts might become Mopar parts (or _____ Viper parts) someday - you'd think that dealers would be happy to install them if the OEM parts are broken anyway.

OP
OP
C

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wouldn't your dealer replace the mounts with the ones you brought in and do the labor under warranty? That would seem like a reasonable thing to do. I've even heard that the Woodhouse mounts might become Mopar parts (or _____ Viper parts) someday - you'd think that dealers would be happy to install them if the OEM parts are broken anyway.

Yeah I could have but I'm mechanic incline. I've done alot of my own work. I hate to even trust anybody to put a part on my car. I had to send it in because wasn't sure what was wrong with it last summer and it was a bad cat that got broken into pieces inside and then clogged itself. But the viper tech that did the work stripped out the holes on the side skirt (or whatever its called) stripped out half of the screws under it and put bigger screws in. :rolleyes:

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder if mine are shot........At the track last year i could not hit 3rd gear for the life of me but when i would granny shift no problem............(I never had a problem before)
Car wheel hops like a ***** and the shifter does move around alittle.
Car has 16K on it

????????????????

OP
OP
C

cash84

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If its not, they are about to. Trust me its well worth the money and time to put it in (unless you don't have the tools). The shifter should only move at the most (at the knob) 1/2" stock but these new woodhouse mounts doesn't move like at all. If you lived closer I would give ya a hand.

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Woodhouse Engine Mounts in my '06.

At first there was noticeable vibration, but after a few hundred miles it smoothed out quite a bit.

Waaay better than stock!!:headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte