Report: Wheel Wizard

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I had a wheel-scraping incident last week (caused by some ****** SUV driver who thought that s/he could drive in BOTH lanes at the same time). My right rear wheel was REALLY scraped up completely around the outer lip right next to the tire, although thankfully there was no bending and no damage elsewhere on the wheel. But it looked awful.
I took the wheel to Wheel Wizard here in Atlanta (www.wheelwizard.com) and got it back yesterday. They did a great job and the wheel looks as good as new. Nice guys too. It cost me $205, including remounting and balancing the tire. Without the tire it would have been $180.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Chris. A timely post, both my right side wheels are bent (slightly). Sent them to a plater in Ca, and they came back bent. I do believe they were switched at the plater, oh well. I have also heard of the Wheel Wizard doing good work. Were your wheels chrome plated, and if so, did they also replate? Thanks John

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
418 RWHP 491 RWTORQUE
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Man, those are some good numbers from a Gen I, also wondering if they do chrome? Have a # for them?

Mike

OP
OP
C

ChrisGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wheels are the stock polished aluminum ones, so no chrome. However, I believe the DO re-plate chrome wheels, but it costs more. Their web site is www.wheelwizard.com and their phone number is 770-451-6333.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't see the number above. Called wheel wizard--- 450.00 for plating each wheel---ouch! I'll find another plater and post their numbers. Hey Mike, thanks for the compliment on my hp and trq numbers. Haven't you heard the yellow cars are more powerful? John

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bandit 3:
Hey Mike, thanks for the compliment on my hp and trq numbers. Haven't you heard the yellow cars are more powerful? John

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dynoed my 96 RT...... only mods are filters and smooth tubes.... 396RWHP, 463RWTQ. I have a Corsa 3" exhaust sitting in my office.... should add 15 RWHP.

Do headers only add another 7 HP???

Lance

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by malcoll
I dynoed my 96 RT...... only mods are filters and smooth tubes.... 396RWHP, 463RWTQ. I have a Corsa 3" exhaust sitting in my office.... should add 15 RWHP
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Lance,
the 96 R/T (last and best year of the Gen I's (Gen 1.5 actually)), came with HP rating of 415 vs. 95 and earlier of 400. I have yet to dyno mine, but want to see 415-420 RWHP. Bandit's numbers are awesome for a Gen I, but he does have the best headers out there. I couldn't afford those and went with what I could afford. But since I have 3.73's I have heard the dyno won't read correctly, so I'll just add 21% to what the dyno says to get my REAL NUMBERS
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Mike

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MIke, this discussion of rear gear ratio affecting hp and tq has been brought up before. As I remember, gear ratio's will not change the readings since they are always taken in fourth gear, which is one to one. You do add about 12-15 percent for drivetrain loss to get crankshaft hp. Am I wrong? John

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey John,
No, I know. I was just kidding about the adding to my final numbers. Although I did hear it could show a loss of 2%, I don't know for sure, I've never done the dyno thing. I'm about as uneducated on this subject as a person can get.

Mike