Results From Viper Days Finals....

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is someone going to post a commentary here? Did PMUM make it through the Tejas panhandle and clean house? Where are the bowling trophies? Am I the only one who really cares? Do I really care? Someone answer these and other questions!!
cool.gif

OT Challenge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, PMUM laid a ton of wood. He finished with an 1:18.9, which is just nuts at Hallett. He had the fastest time overall when I left. None of the East Coasters in UNL were within two seconds at that point either. Schley was close to Sonny Whelen in a 2-3 battle but I'm not positive in which order that finished up. Cool event.

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All of us here at Viper Days just got home last night very late. We will have the results from the event and the National Finishers within the next day or so. It was a GREAT event!!
Thank you for everyone that participated in it and came to spectate!

The Bon Fire was a BLAST!! Awesome competition!!

We were on NBC News Fri pm,3 times on Sat and 3 times on Sunday. We should have a copy of that soon for eveyone to enjoy!

Mkae sure you check out www.trakcam.com for professional pictures of the weekend!
www.viperdays.com for the offical results of the weekend. and to see the new 2002 schedule plus much, much more!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That beautiful airborne car is our own Randy from the Kansas City VCA. '99 GTS in black with a Connolly interior and roll bar. The car not only landed shiny-side-up, but had very little damage, all things considered. The main expense will come from the hood, which was nailed when it hit the tire barrier. It did not break ANY glass (not even a crack) and the doors open and close flawlessly. I will tell you what, Dodge builds this car RIGHT!

Randy's wife chose not to accompany him this weekend and so did not suffer heart failure as a witness. Randy is a VERY good driver, always pushing it to the edge (and sometimes beyond). He was an SCCA instructor for many years. He tells us that because of the rain earlier, the tires in the barrier were wet and also full of water. Rather than hitting them and sending them flying, he slid off of them and went airborne. The car was sent back with Autoform. Randy is planning to retire the car at this point, as the cost of racing is a bit too high (no insurance, of course). Fortunately, Randy did not suffer even a scratch. He just went home heartbroken.

Chris

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sheyster:
I think that he was incredibly lucky and that how well his car was built and his driving skill had nothing to do with the outcome of the accident.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No question that driving skill had nothing to do with it - or he wouldn't have found himself watching the sky spin. I would argue that the cars are made VERY well and sturdy. Randy was hit VERY hard last year in this same car (at the same track) and it didn't even crack the glass. Not too many cars can do a roll and drive away, no matter how they land.

Of course, it was luck (lotto luck indeed) that he landed upright and not on the side or the roof. No arguments there!

Chris