Rev Limiter? Need Help Finding V10 unit.

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am in need of a Rev Limiter and I can not find anyone who makes a soft rev limiter that works with the V10. It would be a great help is anyone could point me in the right direction of someone who makes or sells such a unit. Also if anyone knows of a data accusition system that can act as a rev limiter for the viper V10 would help also. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
C

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Correction... Does anyone know of a Rev Limiter or a engine management system that can also work as a Rev Limiter on the V10.

OP
OP
C

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No plum. I am in need of a launching rev limiter that is adjustable. So when I stage the car I can hit the pre selected rpm and launch the car. Drag Racing. Any help would be greatly appericated.

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard of a launch only rev limiter being called a "stutter-box" before. In other words a device that is triggered when the clutch pedal is on the floor and causes the enginge to stutter at a preset launch rpm. Trying that term might help your search.

OP
OP
C

CrimePays

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Phoenix. I will check that out. I am however looking to activate the rev limiter with the same button has my roll control. Any idea if a "stutter-box" can be wired to a button instead of acting off the clutch?

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any idea if a "stutter-box" can be wired to a button instead of acting off the clutch?
Sure it could. Most folks just piggy-back onto the switch that has to be triggered when the clutch is down in order to make the install easy/clean on a street car, but I bet most dedicated drag racers use a button associated with the line-loc or trans-brake release.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32