Road & Track's 2013 Viper Mockup

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is just a worthless personal opinion, but if they came out with something totally new and radical, and it outperformed current generations, I'd be a lot quicker in opening my wallet than if the Gen V is just a refresh of previous cars.

You must be registered for see images

I wish my wallet would open that far. :lmao:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever produced the above photo has little or no design talent. Ralph G would never design something so aesthetically confused and complicated. Also, I do not believe the new front pedestrian impact regs would allow the front design shown above.

The Gen V should have a mean and predatory look. The above design is neither.

Well put. :2tu:

I wish we could rescind a couple hundred federal regulations for just six years or so and see what the industry produces. Or define a sports car category that is exempt from regulations better meant for minivans and SUVs.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe we should adopt Chinese standards (none) so that the SRT engineers could build us the Ultimate Driving Machine. Imagine no cats, perfect sound, wider tires, sc'd or TT'd without restrictions?

Part of the Viper image is the "double bubble" roof and that needs to stay as well as it is curved for increased strength.

Ted

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part of the Viper image is the "double bubble" roof and that needs to stay as well as it is curved for increased strength.

That strength statement would typically apply for a uni-body car structure, the Viper is a body on frame and the SMC roof doesn't contribute any significant stiffness to the chassis.

New FMVSS standards dictates 2.5 times (was 1.5) vehicle weight for roof crush testing, the roof will be strong regardless of shape on any new car built for North America.

Cheers,
Mike

Sledgehammer

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I like the hood/fender lines that indicate a tilt forward hood again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang