Road Trip

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone. The wife and I are taking our 93RT (50,800 miles on odo and still runs great!) on a road trip from WI via Nebraska, Colorado, Utah, Nevada, and California back to Wisconsin beginning next week. We are doing Las Vegas of course, Bryce in Utah, and are side triping to Aspen/Vail. Is there anything we should not miss while in Colorado or Utah? And of course, always interested in Viper friendly folks along the way. We estimate about 5,000 miles in 12 days! For those techies out there, any tips for road triping?

Wish us luck!

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would just try to plan as many scenic routes as possible and stay off of the expressways. I'm sure you have good communications and roadside assistance. Don't follow to close, avoid rock chips. Sounds like a blast. I would be very excited!

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did the same thing earlier this summer, but not in the viper. I went from columbia, sc to california and back. Saw the Grand Canyon which was amazing. Wanted to see Bryce but didn't have enough time.

Advice, well, er hmmm, enjoy the trip, don't let the petty things pisss you off, if something goes wrong stay cool and the trip will run great. Take lots of pics, I took digital and regular cameras so that I could have some on my computer and some to show friends and family. Good luck, and have a blast!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If not too far away from your trip route - Death Valley and Sequoia National Park!

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RT 15 from vegas to about Salina Utah (about where it picks up RT 70) awesome stretch of highway and soem great scenic stops. Ive done the cross country viper roadtrip twice now and im planning next yrs now, its a blast, hope the weather is good for your trip, theres nothing like the top off for 5000-6000 miles of driving, LOL

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of you "high altitude" Viper owners might jump in here and tell him what to do if he runs into oxygen - related engine problems on the way up the passes!! Just thinking ahead. :D Enjoy the trip. We want pics!