Rocker Panels And Clear Bra Question

WildWing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am about to replace the clear bra on my car. When I originally had it done I also had the guys place some material behind all 4 tires to minimize rock chips. With that said I still have a ton of little chips behind the front wheels.

First question, do you guys get them repaired, air brushed or just say f-it?

Second question, anyone have any good recommendations for a clear bra installer in Atlanta, GA? I want to try someone else that is an authorized 3M dealer.

Thanks,

Brian

viperva

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[******] Lexus on Peachtree Ind. subs their work out but whom ever they use does a great job. i suppose they should considering the dealer trusts them to do all their new cars. call and ask for Charley, he should be able to tell what you want to know.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had mine installed in dallas also with material behind all 4 wheels .. only had 500 miles at the time of install but there were still quite a few rock chips behind front wheel so the installer did some kinda rapid dry paint touch up and it looks good as new...

Reaction score
Thats a great question, here's my answer.

I had the ClearBra installed when I first got the car.
But just to make sure there are no incidents, I send my wife out to sweep the roads that I will be driving on and have never had an issue since. It might be more work for my wife, but the snake remains chip free.
I-95 is a lot of work, but she understands my desire to keep the car clean and rock chip free.
I might just get her a gas-powered blower for her birthday.

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the clear bra installed and worked fine .I have a lot of chips behind my wheels to .I want to have some installed after I have it repainted .Some people have suggested that with the heat from the exhaust might create another problem.
I have had people tell me to try something like rock guard
you can get it to match the color of your car .I think it is like an undercoating.Let us know what you decide and if it works.RICK