Roe Blower and light flywheel???????? ASAP, Please!!!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of go fast mods will impact the street drivability of your car.
The light flywheel is one of them.
The light flywheel will make your car accelerate faster and slow faster on braking.
That is a fact.

Launching at the drags might be different and perhaps harder to master with the light wheel but the potential is there for more acceleration when you get it right.

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again wil you and your car be at VOI9 ? I don't see you any time slips on your posting.

Plus just like photoshop can change photos , I' ve seen time slips that do not look quite right.

I hope to see you at VOI9.LOL

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again wil you and your car be at VOI9 ? I don't see you any time slips on your posting.

Plus just like photoshop can change photos , I' ve seen time slips that do not look quite right.

I hope to see you at VOI9.LOL

Me ??? No, I will not be at VOI.
Can you just tell us the 1/8-1/4 ET's/mph and sixty foot or post the slip.....we will trust you to not photoshop it ;) If your car did run a mid nine N/A then it is a rarity and everyone wants to know more....no big deal.
You were the one that posted the teaser...now fill us in.

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1TONY1

Since you will not be at VOI , then I guess we cannot have a runoff.

Sorry, you posted the teaser first 9.55 sec ?????

I'll prove it at VOI , that is the proof is an audience , not just a time slip. It has been fun .

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1TONY1

I'll prove it at VOI , that is the proof is an audience , not just a time slip. It has been fun .

Just so you know, 1Tony1 is pretty well known as the fastest Viper driver in the world---he piloted Chad Williams' Heffner TT car to a 7.99 in the 1/4.

The reason he's asking is there is another guy who has spent well into six figures at Lingenfelter and has what is widely recognized as the fastest N/A viper in the world---his car runs mid-9s with a pro behind the wheel. We're just trying to figure out if you are a sleeper who can give him a run for his money or someone who is just repeating what his tuner told him the car "should" do at the strip. If you are the real deal, tell us more.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1TONY1

Dude, Are you drinking or something....SIR, please move away from the bottle.

I didn't know we were racing, I didn't know this was about you and me. The only reason I'm curious about your car is that I know someone else with a N/A car and they claim to be the fastest. I believe I have already told you that, but for some reason you have a problem comprehending. I'm not really sure what your problem is, but on your N/A car running a mid nine I am calling [******]. I call anything in between 9.35 to 9.65 a mid nine.

I posted no teaser, that is my signature and it is fact and there were plenty of Viper guys in the audience (I'm sure unlike your run) In fact, if your not too computer illiterate here is the video for you to watch: http://www.streetcarforums.com/videos/1tony9.55.wmv

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1TONY1

The reason he's asking is there is another guy who has spent well into six figures at Lingenfelter and has what is widely recognized as the fastest N/A viper in the world---his car runs mid-9s with a pro behind the wheel. We're just trying to figure out if you are a sleeper who can give him a run for his money or someone who is just repeating what his tuner told him the car "should" do at the strip. If you are the real deal, tell us more.

THANK YOU KENNY !!!!!!!!!!
I was trying to figure out where I went wrong :D I felt so misunderstood until now :headbang:

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony, was that 9.5@144mph run done all on roe blower !? Or with spray as well? stock heads and cam right?? (The "Venom 500" was a basic I/H/E package)

That was with nitrous, stock motor with Arrow rockers, headers, exhaust, et streets.
My best blower only was in bad air, 10.16 @ 141 mph 1.52 sixty.
The mph is down on the nitrous run because with the 3.55 gears I am out of rpm...just holding it down instead of shifting into 5th.
The blower only record will certainly be in the nines this fall....if I have to do it myself ;)

Kevin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was with nitrous, stock motor with Arrow rockers, headers, exhaust, et streets.
My best blower only was in bad air, 10.16 @ 141 mph 1.52 sixty.
The mph is down on the nitrous run because with the 3.55 gears I am out of rpm...just holding it down instead of shifting into 5th.
The blower only record will certainly be in the nines this fall....if I have to do it myself ;)
Man, 141 MPH on blower alone is VERY stout IMO considering your heads/cam are stock** Theres another 75-90RWHP with a head/cam upgrade!! (putting you at a conservative 145-146mph on blower alone) :eek: ;) :D :2tu:

....maybe you can help me on this, with all the heat soak I would presume there is with this non-intercooled positive displacement blower set-up, could I effectively use it in a real-deal road racing venue ?? (i.e. a 12-15 lap, 30 minute VRL-heat on the race track in the middle of the summer*) If water/**** wasn't used even on a low (say 6.5psi) boost cog, i would think I would lose as much as 70-to-80rwhp by my second or third lap-on....?? I want and love power Tony, but whatever i do to this car has to be road racing benificial/friendly.

--- Kevin

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would go back with stock. I had both with my Roe setup. The light weight flywheel combined with the blower made the car real jumpy at low rpm. The roe gives gobs of torque anyway at a low rpm with the lightweight flywheel you touch the throttle and the car bucked at low rpm.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....maybe you can help me on this, with all the heat soak I would presume there is with this non-intercooled positive displacement blower set-up, could I effectively use it in a real-deal road racing venue ?? (i.e. a 12-15 lap, 30 minute VRL-heat on the race track in the middle of the summer*) If water/**** wasn't used even on a low (say 6.5psi) boost cog, i would think I would lose as much as 70-to-80rwhp by my second or third lap-on....?? I want and love power Tony, but whatever i do to this car has to be road racing benificial/friendly.

Having run Gingerman the last 4 years, the first 3 without a blower, I can tell you that I did not lose much, if any, power on the track this year. The grunt was always available and speeds on the staights were always higher than the non-SC years. If I remember, the temperature was mid 70s that day. I have the Roe 5 pounder with no water/****. Got about 100 miles in that day on a 1.7 or 8 mile track.

I would go back with stock. I had both with my Roe setup. The light weight flywheel combined with the blower made the car real jumpy at low rpm. The roe gives gobs of torque anyway at a low rpm with the lightweight flywheel you touch the throttle and the car bucked at low rpm.

I have noticed zero difference in low speed drivability with the light flywheel and Roe supercharger. All stock Vipers can buck a little at low speed once in a while---especially on cold start up. I've used the light flywheel in several combinations. 1 year with the stock rear end, 2 years with a 3:45 rear end, and now this year with the Roe and 3:45s. I like it.

Steve

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of go fast mods will impact the street drivability of your car.
The light flywheel is one of them.
The light flywheel will make your car accelerate faster and slow faster on braking.
That is a fact.

Launching at the drags might be different and perhaps harder to master with the light wheel but the potential is there for more acceleration when you get it right.

I personally preferred the feel of the acceleration of the stock steel flywheel on the highway when my car was centrifugally supercharged to that of the aluminum one.

I did not have that little friction disk that you need to put back into the center of the aluminum on and just threw the stocker back in after replacing the transmission and was surprised the steel one felt better.

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Paolo that the aluminum does impact driveability, but not that bad.
It is a personal prefence. Not every thing is black or white like some think.

Also once you master setup and launch the Low Moment of inertia of aluminum is different but faster once mastered.

WOW on your RWHP & RWTQ . I assume intercooled with ball bearing Tubos? I had a Toyota Supra that TRD fitted with Twin (Medium and Large) that dynod at 810 RWHP out of three litres, so you have hugh potential with 8+ litres.I am a Mechanical Engineer primary design of most of my cars, had tuners build. If I can help in anyway with yours , feel free to contribute to make your great car EVEN GREATER.

Do you ever get to Michigan International Speedway near me
On non race days I could rent the high banked oval and infield road coarse for us to play on .

You look like you are far enough outside Chicago to have some nice open roads.

:usa: Long Live the Freedom to be Unique :usa:

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice, cheap. Get it and let us know. Weigh it before install too.

OK tony, here's the flywheel and pictures.
My old one weighted 27 lbs. This one is about 17lbs.
Carved out of one piece chrome moly, ring is not pressed, its cut.
I just finished putting it in, but have not yet driven the car. I'll post later the first impression of how it feels with the blower.

3114DSCN4466-med.JPG

3114DSCN4473-med.JPG

3114DSCN4468-med.JPG

3114DSCN4474-med.JPG

3114DSCN4476-med.JPG

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Paolo that the aluminum does impact driveability, but not that bad.

Also once you master setup and launch the Low Moment of inertia of aluminum is different but faster once mastered.

WOW on your RWHP & RWTQ . I assume intercooled with ball bearing Tubos? I had a Toyota Supra that TRD fitted with Twin (Medium and Large) that dynod at 810 RWHP out of three litres, so you have hugh potential with 8+ litres.I am a Mechanical Engineer primary design of most of my cars, had tuners build. If I can help in anyway with yours , feel free to contribute to make your great car EVEN GREATER.

Do you ever get to Michigan International Speedway near me
On non race days I could rent the high banked oval and infield road coarse for us to play on .

You look like you are far enough outside Chicago to have some nice open roads.

:usa: Long Live the Freedom to be Unique :usa:

1999GTSVenom700, my power #'s were accomplished with a journal bearing 71mm turbos ad twin intercoolers behind the foglights.

Forget the banked track, THere are plenty of s traight shots around here to get it done!

You can call me at 630-878-3907. Paolo

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice, cheap. Get it and let us know. Weigh it before install too.

OK tony, here's the flywheel and pictures.
My old one weighted 27 lbs. This one is about 17lbs.
Carved out of one piece chrome moly, ring is not pressed, its cut.
I just finished putting it in, but have not yet driven the car. I'll post later the first impression of how it feels with the blower.

Thank you sir, That is a nice looking piece. I will look up the weights on my stock vs Spec flywheel to compare all three.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You do realize we are talking 1/4 mile not 1/8 mile ..... right :D

So far Hennnessy claims not to know you and Lingenfelters poster boy says:"CONFIRMED BOGUS"

Have a nice day :usa:

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Work on my car was done on my Company Name to write off on taxes, It is not how much you earn ,its how much you keep.

:usa: New Man in Town :usa:

Have fun with your ego .
One thing I have learned no matter how fast your car is there is ALWAYS somebody faster and that applies to all of us, even you.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Work on my car was done on my Company Nme to write off on taxes, It is not how much you earn ,its how much you keep.

:usa: New Man in Town :usa:

Have fun with your ego .
One thing I have learned no matter how fast your car is there is ALWAYS somebody faster and that appllies to all of us ,even you.

You still don't get it. This is not about my car.....my car is slow. I didn't won't to race you, I still don't. I could care less about that. However, when you claim your car runs like it does, it is a rarity and since most of us here are car guys (duh) we just wanted to hear more about it. Keep it a secret (if it's even true) Nobody really cares that much.

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I hear hear you are a big fish in the Viper Pond, please remember that is a small pond,

I respect your accomplishments as a Viper Drag Driver.

My accomplishments include being Chief Engineer of an entire vehicle from styling direction to Handling Dynamics of a Major OEM. Number 3 man at a major OEM is quite an accomplishment.This is public knowledge if you do a google search on me. My automotive accomplishments are numerous , but my ego still fits in a Viper.

I may not have known who I was speaking to ,but neither do you. I believe in showing respect with a goal of mutual respect. I have challenged many others to a runoff over decades and nobody other than you interpreted it as a sign of disrepect.

You can attack me personally and profanly and that reflects on you ,but I will take the high road, because I am confident in myself and my accomplishments.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I hear hear you are a big fish in the Viper Pond, please remember that is a small pond,

I respect your accomplishments as a Viper Drag Driver.

My accomplishments include being Chief Engineer of an entire vehicle from styling direction to Handling Dynamics of a Major OEM. Number 3 man at a major OEM is quite an accomplishment.This is public knowledge if you do a google search on me. My automotive accomplishments are numerous , but my ego still fits in a Viper.

I may not have known who I was speaking to ,but neither do you. I believe in showing respect with a goal of mutual respect. I have challenged many others to a runoff over decades and nobody other than you interpreted it as a sign of disrepect.

You can attack me personally and profanly and that reflects on you ,but I will take the high road, because I am confident in myself and my accomplishments.

Hello ? Are you even reading my posts ? Do they not make sense to you ?

I never heard you "challange" me to a runoff....[******] is a runoff ???? Anytime you want to race, I will be glad to hand you your ass on a platter. Bradenton Viper race in December ??
I don't care if you were the president, but number 3 man ..... sounds like second loser to me. Thanks for the tip on your ego.....followed by your accomplishments. Which by the way....I couldn't care less about.

Forget it. All I asked is what your car ran and you went off the deep end. Have a nice weekend ;)

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread but we need to hear more about this mid nine N/A car ??? A time slip would be nice too. Are you the N/A record holder for a 6 speed Viper ?

Lauri,
My appoligies once again for messing up your thread. I didn't think my question above would offend anyone or start a mess. I'm done with this guy. Let us know how the flywheel does. Thanks, Tony

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread but we need to hear more about this mid nine N/A car ??? A time slip would be nice too. Are you the N/A record holder for a 6 speed Viper ?

Lauri,
My appoligies once again for messing up your thread. I didn't think my question above would offend anyone or start a mess. I'm done with this guy. Let us know how the flywheel does. Thanks, Tony

No, thats fine with me Tony.

I actually am getting more interrested of the 9'5 second NA viper than my old flywheel...

So, Was this mid 9 second time actually ran on dragstrip or is it just an gestimate?
Where was this time run?

I dont need the timeslip, just confirm was it driven and where.

My mother (she's 82) used to say that "Empty barrels make most noise..."

Thanks, Lauri

(As a sidenote, I did put 81 miles on the flywheel and LUK clutch. The car feels "lighter", yes it jerks a bit, not much. I have not taken it above 3000RPM yet, so I'll post the results later.)

Now.... Back to the #3 empty Soca barrel.... :2tu:

1999GTSsilverwblue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony,

Number 3 man in a corportation employing over 200,000 people is certainly not number 1, but it's pretty good. You don't get it, I do respect YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS, but you can't reciprocate and just keep up the personal attacks. I refuse to stoop to your level.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You had Toyota guys work on a Viper? Forget the 9 second car, I want to hear how the accounting department wrote this one off.

Ummm... #3 in the US arm of a major OEM? That would be a little different than #3.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony and 99GTS

Believe it or not, you two are very similar in your passion for Vipers.

99GTS, I bet that if you post the details of your pretty neat ride, and post a few time slips (which he'll back up at VOI9), Tony you'd agree.

Tony, 99GTS is just a little new around here, and I think he just spoke before he did a little reseach on your accomplishemnts.

Bottom line, "Lets all get along".........

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456